When to call CPS

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby afc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 am

With that large an age difference? Pretty sure it is in many states.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 am

Mom's hesitancy makes sense if you consider her likely fear of the incident being used against her in a custody dispute.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby RockyCali » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:34 am

Fatheroffour wrote:Mom's hesitancy makes sense if you consider her likely fear of the incident being used against her in a custody dispute.

Yeah. Still something is fishy about this. I'd think she made it up, but she used email to communicate it, which means she can't later claim OP made this up.

Her resistance to report this to authorities is also odd. She's clearly expecting OP to do something. It's a chess match. If the next move seems obvious, you have to assume there's a looming trap. Might not be on the next move, but soon.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:47 am

Safest move is to reply to that email, regularly, "Please keep me apprised of the steps you've taken to report this to the authorities, and provide me with and case numbers so I can follow up as well."
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby sqlbird » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:13 am

Ohiogal wrote:Then you report it with the email. And I don't necessarily agree that it was something in mom's house that happened and it couldn't have been the neighbor boy. But it needs to be reported to the police based upon the information you have. CPS is NOT the place to report it. This was a criminal act and therefore it needs reported to the police.

Thanks for the response Ohiogal. Even if there was no reported touching it should be reported right? I asked my ex to report it to the police and she said she believed that she handled the situation appropriately and she doesn't think a police report would be helpful. I get my son back tonight. I will discuss with him and then plan on calling the police after speaking with him directly.
sqlbird
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am

It's a criminal act for kids to play doctor?

Criminalizing children's behavior is the trend.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby sqlbird » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:01 pm

Trevor wrote:Safest move is to reply to that email, regularly, "Please keep me apprised of the steps you've taken to report this to the authorities, and provide me with and case numbers so I can follow up as well."

She took the email I sent to her asking that she file a police report and sent it to the neighbors because she thinks they should know if I am going to file a police report. She told me she absolutely will not file a report.
sqlbird
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Maybe there was an incident with the children , the adults handled it and they have legitimate reasons they dont want to involve the police.

I'd say thats the most likely possibility.

She informed you. Keep the pressure up and I wouldnt expect that to continue going forward.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby afc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Maybe they want to get the kid in therapy without the brand at such a young age as a sex offender.

If this is what happened then your kid was taught well. He apparently thought something was wrong with the offer, told someone. That's actually pretty darn good for a five year old. He seems to have good boundaries.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby sqlbird » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 pm

She finally reported it to the police.
sqlbird
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum