When to call CPS

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby sqlbird » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Trevor wrote:Hearsay. What is the mother going to do, aside from tug on your leash to make you do tricks?

Wonder if it really was the bf or his kid that touched him? With all of them dumped into a sexualized environment where the kids' parents are banging in the next room? [Rhet.]


No one touched anyone as far as what has been conveyed to me. I don't know what you mean about tugging on my leash.
sqlbird
100+ Posts
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:43 pm

I mean she is the one who was told. Why isn't she the one making the official inquiries? Is she doing anything but whining to you?

This happened in her neighborhood, and not yours. Indeed, I have a suspicion it happened in her own home. If there is anything you must do, it's push her to make the report - she knows these people, not you. My guess is that she isn't going to take action, because it's her live-in or his kid who did this. And if you make the report and it turns out it's unfounded, it plays right into the narrative that you are trying to < edited > with her because of her new sausage.

Frankly I think part of this is her seeing if you're still at her beck and call.

Get on the record (email) that she must contact the authorities immediately and get the ball rolling on the child seeing a mandatory reporter.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor
Moderator
 
Posts: 23128
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:55 pm

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby RockyCali » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Trevor wrote:Get on the record (email) that she must contact the authorities immediately and get the ball rolling on the child seeing a mandatory reporter.

Yes. A thousand times yes.
Last edited by RockyCali on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RockyCali
100+ Posts
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby sqlbird » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Trevor wrote:I mean she is the one who was told. Why isn't she the one making the official inquiries? Is she doing anything but whining to you?

This happened in her neighborhood, and not yours. Indeed, I have a suspicion it happened in her own home. If there is anything you must do, it's push her to make the report - she knows these people, not you. My guess is that she isn't going to take action, because it's her live-in or his kid who did this. And if you make the report and it turns out it's unfounded, it plays right into the narrative that you are trying to < edited > with her because of her new sausage.

Frankly I think part of this is her seeing if you're still at her beck and call.

Get on the record (email) that she must contact the authorities immediately and get the ball rolling on the child seeing a mandatory reporter.


I should email her that she should report this to police? I doubt she'll do that. Then what?
sqlbird
100+ Posts
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Exactly why do you suppose that the mother of a child alleged to be a victim of [whatever this turns out to be] would fail to take an action to protect a child when the incident was reported directly to her?

Specifically. What is it?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor
Moderator
 
Posts: 23128
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:55 pm

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby sqlbird » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 pm

i catch your meaning.
sqlbird
100+ Posts
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby grandetaco » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:41 am

Wow, I am shocked that nj even told you,
Most nj's would threaten and convince the child not to tell you and keep it quiet.

I agree with Trevor, nj is trying to most likely divert the attention to the neighbors child here. There is more to this story.

Timing - Wait till son is with you and talk to him, buy him a soap bubble toy, play with him, divert his attention first and then slowly reach out to him. He will be on guard as nj most likely will have done all sorts of coaching.

When did it happen and when did she tell you?

I would ask her in an email when it happened and ask where she was and her bf in a follow up email, before asking her to report it all to the police.

You have to come out as not serious to her and like you don't care. Yeah, don't forget to ask other distracting questions like, what son ate that day, how is the dog etc to throw nj off in the same email.

After you email nj to log police report follow up with an email asking for confirmation if she has done so.

Then you go in and do as Tom and others have suggested.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 7:59 am

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby sqlbird » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:47 am

grandetaco wrote:Wow, I am shocked that nj even told you,
Most nj's would threaten and convince the child not to tell you and keep it quiet.

I agree with Trevor, nj is trying to most likely divert the attention to the neighbors child here. There is more to this story.

Timing - Wait till son is with you and talk to him, buy him a soap bubble toy, play with him, divert his attention first and then slowly reach out to him. He will be on guard as nj most likely will have done all sorts of coaching.

When did it happen and when did she tell you?

I would ask her in an email when it happened and ask where she was and her bf in a follow up email, before asking her to report it all to the police.

You have to come out as not serious to her and like you don't care. Yeah, don't forget to ask other distracting questions like, what son ate that day, how is the dog etc to throw nj off in the same email.

After you email nj to log police report follow up with an email asking for confirmation if she has done so.

Then you go in and do as Tom and others have suggested.


It happened Sunday she told me something happened Sunday day night and followed up with a detailed email on Monday morning.

She has told me she will not report this to the police.
sqlbird
100+ Posts
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby Ohiogal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 am

Then you report it with the email. And I don't necessarily agree that it was something in mom's house that happened and it couldn't have been the neighbor boy. But it needs to be reported to the police based upon the information you have. CPS is NOT the place to report it. This was a criminal act and therefore it needs reported to the police.
I am licensed only in Ohio. NOTHING stated by me is legal advice OR forms an attorney/client relationship or is to be taken as me advising you regarding YOUR personal LEGAL circumstances.
Ohiogal
500+ Posts
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: When to call CPS

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 am

No one said it couldn't've been the neighborhood boy.

Still saying it tells a big story that the mother seems hell-bent to avoid filing the report herself, as she is the one it was told to, and not the OP.

It's a criminal act for kids to play doctor? [Rhet.]
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor
Moderator
 
Posts: 23128
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Jesus Christ, jumanji and 3 guests