Building "The Journal" and "Trial Folder"

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Building "The Journal" and "Trial Folder"

Unread postby americandadof5 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:39 am

So, ive purchased myself a nice leather back journal, but im drawing a blank on what to put in it.

How far do I try to retrace my steps? Pre or post separation? Pre or post child snatching? H

How can i effectively rebuild the past when i didnt keep any of her old messages before all of this started because she changed her number and we never exchanged emails

I never kept track of the schedules we operated under when she was here in FL. I never wrote it down. Never kept a calendar.

The only thing i have at my disposal that spans backwards more than a few years are my text message conversations with my now wife. I also have pictures from over the years of our children
Last edited by americandadof5 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Re: Building "The Journal"

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Perhaps it would serve a better purpose as a journal itself. A diary.

Start today, and write a page everyday. Get in the practice of doing it. Make a list of what you accomplished, and set some tangible goals for the day. I suggest it be highly personal, never to be read by anyone but you (this includes your wifey). You should enjoy the freedom to write whatever, and the privilege of going back in a decade and reading it, knowing only your future self will see it.

In your case, don't confuse the Trial Binder, which would have copies of anything and everything, with the best practice of keeping a journal as a source of data-points to some future need. If you are watching your diet, you'd write about what you ate. If you are watching your parenting, you'd write about that. If you are watching your kids, you'd love to write about what they did. If you are watching your diet, parenting and kids . . . Well, you've got a lot to write about.

I am of the school that you collect data-points in your journal to use for graphical representation to third-parties in the future - and your own measure of success.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:31 pm

And I would be prepared to summarize all those data points in 10-15 seconds a la elevator pitch. That + pretty pictures is going to be my plan.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 pm

ok, on the topic of trial binders, could you help me figure out if the below is worth keeping.

One of the things im concerned about with S10 staying in GA is his involvement with his mothers parents. They are nice people but over the years and as a family unit, they are all just unstable financially and emotionally. Theyve had marital disputes and blowouts and police involvement. Both had started dabbling in recreational drugs and alcohol. So in my binder i have:

The grandfathers 2014 arrest for public disturbance (cursing and screaming at wife)
The grandmothers Dec 2016 DUI arrest
The grandfathers Dec 2016 arrest for obstruction of law enforcement

On its own i know its of no use, but because these are people that S10 has to be around now on a more constant basis because mom relies heavily on them, can it help my case?
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Re: Building "The Journal" and "Trial Folder"

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Keep everything.

However, triage the most important to your primary binder - matters directly related, to the first degree. A second binder of supporting documents, like school and such, related by two degrees. These records of the G'parents would be in your third binder, as in three-degrees of relevance.

While not used in your case-in-chief, it may be necessary to use such information to impeach a witness - say G'pa,on the witness stand, denies ever being in trouble with the law.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Re: Building "The Journal" and "Trial Folder"

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:14 am

Very bad branding. IF you're going to use it in Court, it should have been branded "Our Child Protector".
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum