Sleepovers at Dads after separtation

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Sleepovers at Dads after separtation

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 pm

The most difficult thing to grasp is that she is not the same person that I fell in love with and I kept trying to reason with her thinking that she was. It is amazing how these woman who loved us become so drastically different, evil and vengeful.

I am confident that in the end, I will get the shared custody agreement that I am seeking because it is truly what is best for the children but I am worried that it will come at the highest cost financially and with the most scars. I don't think that anyone wants to go into such a battle with someone they once loved especially when the fight is over the children.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:19 pm

You don't play poker, do you?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Honestly no. I know how to play, meaning I know the rules but that is all.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 pm

2Dadwipp wrote:The most difficult thing to grasp is that she is not the same person that I fell in love with and I kept trying to reason with her thinking that she was. It is amazing how these woman who loved us become so drastically different, evil and vengeful.

I am confident that in the end, I will get the shared custody agreement that I am seeking because it is truly what is best for the children but I am worried that it will come at the highest cost financially and with the most scars. I don't think that anyone wants to go into such a battle with someone they once loved especially when the fight is over the children.

Listen, we hear you. Hell, i know i do. I ask myself everyday and even more so before paying another retainer if i want to continue down this road of financial hardship or just give in. Luckily for you, you only have yourself and children to worry about while i myself have to weigh actions against the desires of my now wife and subsequent children.

So why do i keep fighting? Because if i leave it up to that she-devil, i wouldnt have seen my son until the following summer. A WHOLE YEAR!!

These are indeed the women that we are dealing with.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Right, I could tell - your wife is bluffing. She is trying to make you think she has a better hand of cards than you, that you should just fold. She also is experiencing cognitive dissonance - the reality is not matching her fantasy. One thing for sure, call her bluff at the top of the Courthouse steps and you will get everything you want - which is really just what's best for the kids.

It's time to start a new thread. This one has gone past 10 pages, and we really need to make sure that the most eyeballs see the current situation. Would you be so kind as to start a new thread, maybe with a quick paragraph about what's happened so far?

You remain one of the freshman class heroes here, moving back and taking control of your parenting. A lot of guys want to be helpful, and can use your help, but it's getting buried way back here 10 pages.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Havalu7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:17 am

And please use paragraphs OP on your next thread when you go over a few lines as it is tough to read on the phone...

In before the lock!
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:27 am

2Dadwipp wrote:The most difficult thing to grasp is that she is not the same person that I fell in love with and I kept trying to reason with her thinking that she was. It is amazing how these woman who loved us become so drastically different, evil and vengeful.

Simple, postpartum psychosis, you need to come up with all the sign she exhibited and get copies of all her med records, get your children's too at the same time, you are still legally married and they will release them to you, just don't make any fuss about it, fill up the forms at HIM Dept and tell them you will pick it up, give them YOUR number to call when it is ready.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:22 am

What? They aren't going to give him her medical records just because they're married. That's not how it works.

Did you just internet diagnose postpartum psychosis because she's acting like a woman who wants a divorce? Seriously?
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 am

Even married people have a right to medical privacy.

Unless, of course they _specifically_ sign it away to their spouse when filling out all the paperwork.

The default is, your own medical business is your business
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:07 pm

afc wrote:Even married people have a right to medical privacy.
[...]
The default is, your own medical business is your business

Yep. And I think the layperson's diagnosis shared here is way out of bounds. This is the sort of thing that my ex does. Tells the children's new pediatrician that father has bipolar, pediatrician is taken by her sympathy-inducing story and then includes these notes in my children's medical records. Even if the notes have a "per mom" addendum, it's still pathetic.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum