Sleepovers at Dads after separtation

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Sleepovers at Dads after separtation

Unread postby MonkeySee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm going to tell you the same thing that I told my husband when he was going through this exact same thing.

If mom isn't willing to work on a fair and equal parenting plan and all she wants you to have is the basic standard time with the kids then you have ZERO to lose by taking it all the way to trial. You are going to get the standard basic parenting time either way and by going to trial you may (and probably will) get more.

Please do not trust your children's mom right now. She is manipulating you by telling you you are hurting your children by wanting to be an equal parent. How does that even make sense?

Please take the experience of all of us on this board to heart. We are not here to encourage dads to do something that will damage their children. Many of us have been lucky enough to see the incredible benefit that equal parenting has for children and that is what we are here to encourage and help Dads fight for.
Mom, stepmom, and grandma in OH.
MonkeySee
50+ Posts

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Make no mistakes, I am ready and prepared to take this all the way to trial and confident that I will be in a position to be awarded shared custody with equal or almost equal parenting time and overnights. I am in a position to outspend her if I need to and prove our children's best interest is a shared custody plan.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:44 pm

You don't need to prove that equal time with your children is in their best interest, because it is! The burden is on her to prove why there shouldn't be equal time. That is why you don't take advice from your ex, she is manipulating you into thinking you are a lesser than parent because you are a dad!
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Unread postby Syntax » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 am

Good tips in here. I had a female "no conflict" lawyer. Fire breathing male lawyer sounds better, as does taking it to trial.
Syntax
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum