Child Support Guidelines and Suspicious Tax Return

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Child Support Guidelines and Suspicious Tax Return

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:09 pm

To clarify, are you saying I should not give up full custody regardless of any stipulated child support amount?
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Im saying, if mom offers you that "if you give up custody to me and in return, I won't take support or I will take a tiny amount of support" then you reject that.

Because it's trading your kids for money in your pocket. And that is a clear sign to your kids that you are giving up on a relationship with them. Mom won't need to twist that.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Got it! Thank you for the clarification.

FYI...Tomorrow my oldest daughter turns 16 and I haven't seen her since October of 2016.
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:58 pm

And she's already opened your birthday card to her, right?

Because you sent it last week, right?
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Yes!
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 am

On Friday, I filed a Motion to Enforce Parenting Plan with the help of my attorney. Prior to filing, I offered my ex-wife a proposal to see my daughters. The offer included more child support and a timeline for reconciling with my oldest daughter. Her attorney and my ex-wife were also informed if they did not agree to the proposal, I would file a motion with courts. One day after submitting my proposal, my ex-wife's attorney asked if we filed a motion. I find this confusing, because in the proposal we told them we would file if my ex-wife did not accept the proposal. Did they think I was bluffing and I would stop attempting to see my daughters?

What happens after filing a Motion to Enforce Parenting Plan?

Regardless of my motion, I'm concerned that I won't get any parenting time with my daughters, because my oldest daughter prefers to stay with my ex-wife. She also doesn't want to attempt to resolve anything with the help of a therapist where we could have a series of group sessions.

I'm not sure what I should do. I would prefer to reconcile with my daughters but I can't do it alone.
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum