Child Support Guidelines and Suspicious Tax Return

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Child Support Guidelines and Suspicious Tax Return

Unread postby Ohiogal » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

How did you pull your child from the car?
I am licensed only in Ohio. NOTHING stated by me is legal advice OR forms an attorney/client relationship or is to be taken as me advising you regarding YOUR personal LEGAL circumstances.
Ohiogal
500+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:48 pm

By the hair? By the nose-ring?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Me_and_my_boys » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 pm

You can read up on plans A, B, C, etc. in The Explosive Child.... Helpful book.
Me_and_my_boys
100+ Posts

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:21 am

I pulled my daughter by the arm.

I've been reading some other articles on Parental Alienation. It very much describes my situation I have with my oldest daughter.

Does anyone have any information about overcoming Parental Alienation? It doesn't help that my ex-wife enables my daughter's behavior and thoughts. I will continue to learn more.
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:25 am

Have you seen the work of Dr. Childress? He has a video series that you should watch on the Attachment Disorder associated with Parental Alienation.

This is, in part, something that young teenage girls do. You understand that, right? Would you accept a variation of your parenting plan where you and your daughters had dinner once a week, no exceptions, in exchange for not spending the night?

Mind you, this is not to agree with the mother's modification based on the child's choice.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:09 am

Yes, I've tried that was well.

Once again, thank you for your post.
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 pm

I listened to one of Dr. Childress videos. OMG...I can't believe it. I'm connecting the dots. My father told me about 8 years ago while I was still married that my ex-wife has Borderline Personality Disorder. How does he know? He works in the mental health field. Although he doesn't have PHD in Psychology, he as a PHD in Education and has a very successful private drug and alcohol treatment program. He sees all types of people.

This all falls into place because my ex-wife is holding my kids hostage and vilifying me to the kids.

It appears I have a lot of work to do in an attempt to understand Parental Alienation and how it all relates to my ex-wife's BPD. Locally, there is a support group that I am going to attend on April 4th.

It appears that the divorce created a grief response among all the family members. The borderline personality of my ex-wife, however, is pathologically unable to experience or process sadness and grief, and instead translates these emotions into anger, resentment and revenge towards me. She blames me for the public borderline injury of rejection and abandonment. Under the distorting influence of her personality, my child is led into a similarly distorted interpretation of the own grief and sadness, as a representing anger and resentment toward me rather than experiencing the authentic sadness at the loss, i.e., divorce.

I must learn to become an exceptionally good parent. I must find the support of a skilled and knowledgeable therapist, and the support of the Court. With this support, appropriate therapy will require that the child be protectively separated from my ex-wife and her parenting practices of a BPD during the active phase of my child's treatment and recovery in order to protect her from becoming a psychological battleground as a result of my ex-wife's parenting practices.
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:33 pm

You must not reinforce with your actions what she is being told by her mother.

When you scream at/yank the kid to get her to do what you say, that lends credence to her mom letting her know "dad is a bad/unstable guy". When you do that, you give the kid evidence.

Your child will be an adult in 3 years. You want her to want to see/visit with you because at 18 she doesnt _have_ to.

Bart's got good experience on navigating the transition between a child relationship with her father to an adult one. Listen to him.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby pharoeandisis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Your point is well received. I need to tread lightly, but I also need stop letting my ex-wife manipulate me.

How can I prevent her from getting full custody of my kids and hence an exaggerated child support payment where the calculated amount is based on false gross income amounts? Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to pay more but I'm not going to let her defraud me.

I want to do what is best for the kids. The most likely outcome is that kids stay with her and as adults they come back to me where we'll have a better chance to reconcile. At this point, kids brains are still developing and I can't blame them for the circumstances that my ex-wife and I created.
pharoeandisis
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:57 pm

First thing is to drop money from this. You need to be of the mind that even if exwife says "look, I will stipulate to a one dollar a week support from you as long as I have full custody" that you wouldnt take it.

Your relationship with your kids is first, foremost and only.
afc
5K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum