Parenting Notebook, GAT [IN]

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Parenting Notebook, GAT [IN]

Unread postby OrigamiDragon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:32 am

I have been ordered to keep a parenting log notebook to transport with the child as a means of communication with the mother. The judge gave a lot of direction to what she was to include (that she didn't of course) and I only was asked to include meal times and incidents like injuries or medical appointments. A GAT has been appointed at my request so I'm sure it will at least be glanced at. Until I get my joint legal next month I am rocking no boats, but will eventually object to this strategy ripped out of parallel parenting. Example she is still playing major gatekeeper with phone communication - I have to call at an exact time and only on certain days to talk to my son.

So far I have put just what I was instructed (meals, bathroom accident because he's still not potty trained at 59 mo), and the question about phone communication that got an unsatisfactory response. Does anyone have further suggestions?
OrigamiDragon
50+ Posts

Re: Parenting Notebook, GAT [IN]

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:09 pm

OrigamiDragon wrote:Until I get my joint legal next month.....she is still playing major gatekeeper.....
With regard to 50/50 in Indiana, read the following post by hoosier_dad;

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78500&p=893990#p893990

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Re: Parenting Notebook, GAT [IN]

Unread postby OrigamiDragon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 pm

So this notebook is a joke. Mom is not upholding her end, trying to use it as a substitute for responding to me in any other medium (against agreement made in front of the judge). She is not giving full or truthful information, e.g. his medical care - not up to date on immunizations, hasn't seen a doctor since early 2013. No clue what his daily schedule is like, despite that being the #1 stated purpose by the judge. I've already got him an appointment to take care of it during my time. He's on the waiting list to talk meet the speech therapist as well - I'm holding up my end. Going to try and squeeze in pre-school between spring break and summer.

Meanwhile, the GAT has not contacted me yet which, according to my lawyer (who is regularly a GAT for the county) is uncharacteristic. Left a message last week, no call back. Furthermore, OC is taking a long time to write up the agreement, still hasn't given it to my lawyer, and as of last week, wasn't returning his calls. Mother is only focused on EOW time, is sabotaging meals, and generally being a pain. Also weird is she insists on walking up to me to deliver the notebook, again instructions were for the child to transport it because she insisted she couldn't be around me even for public hand-offs (my lawyer's idea to protect me from more BS claims). Serious gatekeeping issues with talking to my son, have to go through her and she never answers the first time, even on a schedule and won't call back.

I'm mad Mother has neglected our son. I'm concerned there is still no paperwork from our agreement in front of the judge 3/2. I'm being proactive about 50/50 custody next month by informing her in advance the issues to tackle (could have with-held intentions, but it's faster if I don't and lawyer said it looked good anyway). I am also concerned about the 0-60 he will experience going from no overnights to a week straight (spring break) however he always, always wants to stay here and not go home - which I will assume is just curiosity, but keeping alert.

I suck at keeping my journal up to date, working on it now. Any other tips/further insight I can absorb? Given the history and lack of change, it's almost certain that it will be a fight for full custody over the summer because she still wants to disappear to AZ (which she would be oh-so-sad that would mean no < parenting time >) and I want to get him enrolled at a good charter school here.
OrigamiDragon
50+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum