Child Support Modification - Past Due Support Defense

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Child Support Modification - Past Due Support Defense

Unread postby americandadof5 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Looks like i wont need to subpoena records. I was luckily able to request records via the CSE records department by email.

They were willing to send me the actual termination letter and a screenshot of their internal system that plainly states that "child no longer living with CP".

Now if only I could get her to admit to it herself :roll:

I'll add this to my list of items as proof along with:

School Registration Records
Medical Billing Records, some done by me and by mom
Tax returns (some amended)
Past Rental Agreements
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Imputing income based on prior wages

Unread postby americandadof5 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:47 pm

This question helps me on both fronts.

Is it possible to have the judge impute moms income when determining modification? Also when determining what her allocation of the GAL fees, in any, will be?

When she was here in FL, she took home over 2k a month. When she moved to GA, she was out of work for 6 months and then started working and making $1700 a month. She then quit that job and now makes $1500.

She recently filed her financial affidavit in the support case and i really cant wrap my head around why she thought it was a good idea to move there. She moved with no job prospects and her so called reason for going (cost of living) hasnt gotten any better....that is unless she wins custody which equals $$$ of which is basically more than half of what she takes home herself
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Re: Child Support Modification - Past Due Support Defense

Unread postby americandadof5 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Yesterday was NJ's last day to answer petition to modify. Just like the time sharing petition, she has defaulted (or soon will when i file). Best guess is she thinks both cases are together.

I plan to file my motion for default and then for summary judgement to clear up the arrears.

Does setting aside a default in a CS case happen as easily as it does a custody case?

Since the CSE is no longer enforcing the order, I've been making payments directly to NJ via check labeled "Child Support [Month]" as i cannot pay through CSE and since NJ isnt receiving Public assistance, should i move to have the CSE removed as a party?
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum