Motion to dismiss re: drug screening

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Motion to dismiss re: drug screening

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:27 am

Do simple drug tests really cost three grand or are you just imagining that?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Chaos » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 am

That must be legal fees as well.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Texas3Step » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Outis wrote:So her concerns was almost reasonable after a little shuffling around post-separation? That reads like you just gaslighted yourself.

And then she has an attorney that didn't know his client had a losing case? Do you really think so many attorneys are that misguided on what is/isn't a solid case to present?

I think there's an easy way to test the reasonableness you have such hopes for. Have a written and signed agreement for 50/50, filed with the court, that goes into as soon as you provide proof of a clean test from a designated lab for the designated drug. Everyone agrees up front already, right?

Sorry, but moving and financial hardship, which she had been aware of since she did all of the bills when we lived together, does not equate into drug use. I DO however understand how it looks, that I couldn't handle the mortgage on my 3500 sq ft home and sold it, then moved into a temp place for a few months that was really nice while I searched for something reasonable. I see how she could see going from those nice places to a manufactured home is odd. But to go nuts and file a suit over it claiming drug abuse? Surely you aren't suggesting that's reasonable. It's hysterical.
Texas3Step
100+ Posts

Unread postby Texas3Step » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Trevor wrote:Do simple drug tests really cost three grand or are you just imagining that?

Legal fees also, obviously.

So this morning, attorney worked out a deal with her side and I signed a rule 11 agreement to stop their motion for a drug screen and the temporary orders continent in this screening. Just got through with the drug screening. It was a 10- panel nail test. The tech said they would know the results in 3-5 business days, and that the medication I am taking won't even show up.
Texas3Step
100+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Texas3Step wrote:Surely you aren't suggesting that's reasonable. It's hysterical.

And yet you're the one excusing her behavior and acquiescing to her demands.

Shrug.
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Texas3Step » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Outis wrote:
Texas3Step wrote:Surely you aren't suggesting that's reasonable. It's hysterical.

And yet you're the one excusing her behavior and acquiescing to her demands.

Shrug.

It's all so black and white isn't it? The money tree in my backyard will provide. Missing work, mental stress on me and my kids. No big deal.
Texas3Step
100+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:23 pm

I do not think this test will appease her. I do not think this test will be the end of the matter. It seems unlikely, to me, that 50-50 will be reinstated in 3-5 business days.

If you think this is bad, stretch the BS out for another nine months, or a year, or two years. Acquiescing to such demands encourages her to continue them in the future. You have to fight this fight at some point.

While you're worried about that dwindling money tree in your back yard, you're feeding her entitlement and control trees some damn fine steroids. Might as well hang a hammock between them for her while you're at it.
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:24 pm

I would have done the same thing. If you can prove someone is lying, why wouldn't you? If you can end a court battle this easily, it's stupid not to.

I aged in dog years during litigation. I would have loved to have a solution this simple.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Maybe we've forgotten history. It's ok, happens to me as well.

In the first thread on this, OP said this was just the last of her issues. Link for the lazy: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=78455

In OP's first thread, mother is withholding due to being in a neighborhood with a registered sex offender. Link for the lazy: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=78225&p=886419#p886419

I see no evidence that the mother will suddenly jump for joy that precious snowflake can now spend time with sober and clean SuperDad.
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Yeah, I didn't forget, but thanks.

He did the right thing because he was going to have to do it anyway. He might as well be the reasonable and cooperative one. Best case scenario, it works. Either way he's no worse off. Are you suggesting that the time and expense of a trial is a better option?

It doesn't hurt him to do this. Even if it doesn't work, credibility swings in his favor.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum