Custody evaluation underway - California

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Custody evaluation underway - California

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:46 pm

That may be, but consider this:

What incentive does the mother have to finalize the divorce if you remove the opportunity to move the child to Florida, and you move out of the house?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Outis » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Let me make my question a bit more clear. Is there any benefit to remaining in the same household while the mother rails against your parenting abilities with these claims?
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Qwertyuiop » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:14 pm

BartSimpson wrote:That may be, but consider this:

What incentive does the mother have to finalize the divorce if you remove the opportunity to move the child to Florida, and you move out of the house?

That is an interesting question and I will have to think about it. I do not believe my STBX will ever think Florida is off the table. I am expecting a long legal battle lasting well beyond the current matter. STBX was the subject of a custody case lasting 11 years as a child. This is what she knows.
Qwertyuiop
50+ Posts

Unread postby Qwertyuiop » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Outis wrote:Let me make my question a bit more clear. Is there any benefit to remaining in the same household while the mother rails against your parenting abilities with these claims?

Possible benefit would be to continue her discomfort of living with me. Financially it is beneficial to remain in the same house.
Qwertyuiop
50+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Interesting.

These claims the mother makes about you and your fitness to parent. What does this tell you? How do you wish this to be interpreted?
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Qwertyuiop » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Outis wrote:Interesting.

These claims the mother makes about you and your fitness to parent. What does this tell you? How do you wish this to be interpreted?

I want her claims to be interpreted as absurd and an attempt to deny me of my parental rights so she can relocate to Florida.

It tells me she is desperate and thought I would roll over once served exparte.
Qwertyuiop
50+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Qwertyuiop wrote:I want her claims to be interpreted as absurd and an attempt to deny me of my parental rights so she can relocate to Florida.

Exactly this.

You've been given a gift of a custody evaluation with an impartial third party. Getting that evaluator to see things this way is what will be key.
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Qwertyuiop » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Outis wrote:
Qwertyuiop wrote:I want her claims to be interpreted as absurd and an attempt to deny me of my parental rights so she can relocate to Florida.

Exactly this.

You've been given a gift of a custody evaluation with an impartial third party. Getting that evaluator to see things this way is what will be key.

My lawyers have done a good job of this in court and in the package for the evaluator. I have met with the evaluator twice and things are going well. It feels good to answer truthfully about my involvement in my D3's life since even before birth. STBX's depiction of my involvement is so far from reality and easily proven false, I worry about her state of mind.
Qwertyuiop
50+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:41 am

As much as you may feel she has some underlying mental disorder. Do Not go down that rabbit hole. You need to understand that unless she seeks help for any mental disorder you will not win any hearts and minds of any judge.

A lot of those here feel their Ex is missing a few screws (or neck bolts). Best to put those feeling aside and focus your energy on whats a head and your children.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby steelmark » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:07 am

Do you have a solid list of people that can cooberate your involvement? Day care providers, doctors, neighbors, play date parents etc? Your evaluator will likely ask for a list of people to contact.

Your journaling becomes all the more powerful when it's cooberated by various people who aren't connected.

You have that and you don't need to refute anything, those accusations become obviously false to the evaluator.
Prepare and execute to win by a thousand miles, just to be in position to win by an inch.
steelmark
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum