Corruption in the female ranks

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Corruption in the female ranks

Unread postby Ohiogal » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:39 am

I know I am getting jumped on for this. I don't even deny it. But I am going to tell you something -- while I know the law, I have utilized SOME of the wording and such here to speak to my male clients. Superdadness. And so forth. One of my clients just won custody with my representation over a SAHM who tried to cry abuse and such. He avoided the traps because of my advice AND because I did utilize some of the stuff here. SOME. NOT all. I have done that for a while. Even before this forum but you guys give advice to the guys who are here. No, this is not pandering. This is not being suck-uppy. This is just stating a fact.

The point being, you guys do a great service for those who want to get custody and not the EOW. I wanted to let you know that guys should listen to some of the stuff. Some other stuff doesn't matter as much. But some does. My client when he came to me was concerned he wouldn't get custody -- he did. Mom got standard even though she was a SAHM. She "should" have won if the courts were geared towards mothers. She was a golden uterus if I ever saw one. She didn't.

And yes I am a female attorney. I helped my client (a dad) become primary and mom got standard. So female attorneys can represent dads and win. Let the zingers fly. This is just a congratulations to all the hard work you guys do to help people. ANYONE can learn by being here but you do a great service to dads.
I am licensed only in Ohio. NOTHING stated by me is legal advice OR forms an attorney/client relationship or is to be taken as me advising you regarding YOUR personal LEGAL circumstances.
Ohiogal
500+ Posts

Re: Corruption in the female ranks

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:43 am

Not sure why you'd expect a flaming when you're giving props to what we spend hours and hours each week professing.

Lighten up, Frances!
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Monster's under your bed?

We would never jump on you, because we're gentlemen and for other reasons.

Did you drink all our good wine at the party?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby MegaDad » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:07 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MegaDad
500+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXjqTyQuq4w

Frances, We couldn't do it without you. You bring to the table as much as any of us.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:47 pm

The others might be fooled, Ohiogal, but I see right through your charade. You're just trying to get one of us to fix your leaky bathroom.
a dad

Unread postby minuette » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 pm

Aside from the hombre a hombre peer guidance which is part and parcel of the forum, the brilliance of the child-oriented advice is that it truly is gender-neutral.

Aim high in steering.
Be involved and engaged in every aspect of the child's life.
Prioritize child over career, new squeezes, etc.
Develop an alien abduction plan to care for the child 24/7.
Don't drag care providers, teachers or healthcare providers into the middle of conflict.
Keep a journal of your time with the child.
Develop an elevator pitch of why you should have joint custody (primary or sole, when appropriate).
Don't be a gatekeeper.
Demonstrate that you're a good parent, not that the other parent is bad.
Learn the factors which are relevant for child custody and parenting time.
Communicate using BIFF when necessary, via email.
Use 3R process (prudently) to open dialogue on issues which may come before a judge.
Stay cool, calm and collected - especially in the most tense situations.
With teens, think about the relationship you want to have 10, 20, 30 years from now - work towards that now.
Do Bart Walks if you want to know what a kid has on their mind.
Bubbles work magic on toddlers.
Always Be Closing.

There's undoubtedly more (and maybe some re-phrasing needed for some items). None of which requires a uterus or testicles to employ. Nothing shocking, over-the-top, illegal, unethical or immoral about any of these things.
minuette
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Rock Jaw » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:49 am

+1 minuette
Rock Jaw
100+ Posts

Unread postby KidInCandyStore » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:05 am

@minuette - I am impressed. A very nice list/summary what it really takes to be a great parent and it's simplicity.

minuette wrote:There's undoubtedly more (and maybe some re-phrasing needed for some items). None of which requires a uterus or testicles to employ. Nothing shocking, over-the-top, illegal, unethical or immoral about any of these things.

However, I can't say that it's 100% gender neutral. There's always something one gender can contribute that the other can't.

In the spirit of the original post... yes, this forum recommends male lawyers; in the last 6 years of being in and out of court, while very limited experience compared to the OP or others here, I have concluded that indeed male lawyers get more often what their client wants. I btw, switched to a male lawyer and I see a difference... may point is that the reason this forum encourages the selection of male legal representation, is the very reason why some tasks in raising a child DO require testicles.
KidInCandyStore
100+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:33 am

KidInCandyStore wrote:In the spirit of the original post... yes, this forum recommends male lawyers;

That recommendation largely comes from two places - one is an old school thought about bias towards fathers and how only a male can understand the plights of a father in a custody batter. The other is from a senior member who has clarified when and why he makes such a recommendation.

It is not a current recommendation for every dad that finds this site.
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum