If you have means or resources or volunteer, find an organization like this one in your community and support them as a charity of choice. You get to decide where your charitable donations go and where you volunteer your time (and your kids' time).
Let us know about them in your comments! Please include a link and include the city/community they serve.
St. Louis, MO - Father's Support Center - Video
Father Support Center Creates Positive Outcomes For Children and Families
Posted on: 12:46 pm, February 22, 2013, by Kelley Hoskins. Fox2Now (St. Louis) video
ST. LOUIS MISSOURI (KTVI) -The Father Support Center in St. Louis Missouri provides programming that creates positive outcomes for children and families. The work of Father Support Center is targeted to fathers, and is designed to help them to become responsible parents who are committed to cohesive family relationships.
The Center has been recognized nationally as an authority on father involvement, and has received numerous awards recognizing the outstanding services and programs offered by the agency. The Father Support Center provides programming that creates positive outcomes for children and families. The work of Father Support Center is targeted to fathers, and is designed to help them to become responsible parents who are committed to cohesive family relationships.To accomplish its goals, Fathers’ Support Center offers the following programs:
- The Family Formation Program provides personal development skills that give participants the tools for effective parenting, spiritual and emotional development, and prevention of child abuse and substance abuse. Also provides clients with male health and wellness information, medical screenings, doctor’s visits and follow-up services.
- The Employment Development and Mentoring Program provides job readiness/job retention sills and job placement assistance.
- The Youth Leadership and Development Provides guidance in choosing responsible behaviors, setting goals, and understanding self-image. Also includes initiatives to prevent drug and alcohol use, teen pregnancy and gang involvement.
- The Fathers Rap Program provides a support system to fathers in need of peer support, advocacy, education and skills necessary to become responsible, involved parents. Topics include personal responsibility, manhood/fatherhood, parenting skills, child support concerns, visitat1on issues and communication skills.
- The Legal Clinic ensures that low to moderate income non-custodial parents have access to adequate and appropriate legal counsel. Legal services are provided in the areas of child cust0dy, legal visitat1on, child support payment modifications and felony expungement. This access is strictly aligned with the agency’s mission and seeks to ensure that non-custodial parents have a place of parity in the lives of their children.
For more information log onto the Father Support Center Website at : http://www.fatherssupportcenter.org/