My ex making our son feel horrible

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

My ex making our son feel horrible

Postby Jaxle67 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:58 am

My exwife whom was recently told that our son wants to live with me has basically abandoned him. My son age 14 has lived with his mom for the last 10 years since our divorce. He has been constantly been dragged around from place to place being her and her boyfreind are both unemployed and are perfectly happy living off others as wel as the government. My son loves his mother but finallyt has had it with her antics which include
badmouthing me in front of him every chance she gets. My son finally told her he wants to live with me so he can stay in one school and have a stable homelife which im ashamed to say hasnt been the case for too long. My ex has only talked to him once in two months now and only then to belittle him on his decission. I wish him to have two loving parents even though were divorced. I guess what im asking is should i try to talk to her about it which i know will end in her screaming every obcenity in the book at me or let it be and if she wants to be a caring mother leave it up to her. I trully think all these years our son has just been a paycheck to her and now that she doesnt have him then why should she bother. i love having my son with me but i see that she is making him feel horrible that hes done somthing wrong. Jeese
Jaxle67
New

Re: My ex making our son feel horrible

Postby Thoughts? » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 pm

It's good you want your child to have a relationship with both parents.

The best thing I think I would suggest is to let him know you will never object to his trying to stay in contact, and to get him a counselor to talk to, so he can get help developing some skills to deal with mom. Or at least manage his own feelings of being abandoned if she continues being angry.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum