being stuck at home...

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

being stuck at home...

Postby RC411V » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 am

I've been hearing that lately and I know lots of people (s-a-h moms, almost exclusively) say it. I know somebody who talks about how hard it is to be stuck at home, how it drives you crazy and nobody knows what it is like, blah blah.

What about the person who is really stuck somewhere, like in an office for 9 hours each day, or at a jobsite, or in a truck, etc. We've had threads on this spit and this is just a variation, but I've been hearing this and being told that I have it easy because I get to go to work every day, but she is 'stuck at home' with 'nobody to talk to except the kids'. Fack me!! I really am stuck at my computer, you're not stuck at home! Take a walk, go to the park, go for a drive (... no wait, DO NOT go for a drive, whatever you do...), find some people out in the world who don't stay at home complaining about not having anything to do! Or get an effing job, nobody stops anybody from getting a job! Fack me!
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Re: being stuck at home...

Postby jumbledone » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 am

Or find a job that offers the compromise, like work from home medical coding, or any one of those emails I get 20x a day saying all I need is a bank account, social security number and email address. I mean, jeez, if you can earn $300/day by just breathing, why wouldn't you?
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.

It's like he never existed - FoF
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am

I'd much rather be stuck in my own home than at work.

The only downside I can see to being "stuck at home' is having to ask someone else for money. You know, "Hey, give me 100 bucks. I'm taking the kids to Six Flags today." "Hey, give me 10 bucks to buy bait, the kids and I are going fishing today.", "Hey, give me 100 bucks, I'm taking the kids to the aquarium today".

If someone else is paying your way then quit yer bltchin and enjoy your day off and be thankful you don't have to work like the grown ups do.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby Trevor » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 am

Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby kmich91262 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:38 am

I love this topic. My NJ used, I kid you not, say that work was my entertainment and I shouldn't want to go out as a family, with each other, or heaven forbid do something on my own. :roll:
kmich91262
1K+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:47 am

Thanks for the vid Trevor, effin hilarious and absolutely true at the same time.

Ditto FoF man, I love playing with my kids and I would love to hang with them every day. It takes patience absolutely, and with babies it can be nasty wiping up < feces > and food messes, but when kids get to 2 or 3, they are totally fun and have almost no downsides! They are just fun!

I think the biggest indicator about the people who say this is that they don't really love the kids. What a pathetic condemnation for a kid, to feel that your own mom thinks it is the hardest job to stay home with you and take care of you all day.
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby Chris A » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Funny topic. I just grinded through a 76 hour week and am enjoying my day off. So glad my gf decided to go to the movies today knowing that I need to unwind. She works a 40 hour week comes home and does the worlds second hardest job in the world. Taking care of me :-) Grilling some steaks later for us all as my daughter is dropping by for dinner.

When I was married often times after working 12 hours it was still expected that I cook or bring something home on the way. I would then listen to hours of her complaining about how I just don't understand.
“Women can fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships.”
Chris A
500+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum