Concerned about d6...may go counselling route

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Concerned about d6...may go counselling route

Postby didnotseeitcoming » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Guys, I'm really concerned about d6. Every time I take her back to her moms she cries hisstericly...and runs to me and won't let me go. I mentioned this to my therapist and she seemed to think it was nothing to be concerned about. And then today came, I went to pick her up from camp, while the other children were playing she was sitting on the side, so I sat next to her and put my arm around her and she jumped out of her skin! She has also been quiet and distant until I drop her off and then she won't let me go....has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone tried conselling for there child....I won't to protect my d and feel like I am failing her......
didnotseeitcoming
10+ Posts

Re: Concerned about d6...may go counselling route

Postby jumbledone » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 pm

You can't trust your counselor's take on your daughter's issues if she doesn't talk to your daughter.

Yes, if you can, take her in. Her world was just ripped apart, so now try to find a safe space she can be herself, even if it is just an hour each week.
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.

It's like he never existed - FoF
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Re: Concerned about d6...may go counselling route

Postby newwife » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:35 pm

When in doubt-take her to counseling. You can only gain something from this(unless counselor is a whacko).
If it doesn't work-you just spent $, if it does, that's priceless.
newwife
500+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum