Domestic Support Obligation, Unpaid Med Bills, and Ch.7 BK

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Domestic Support Obligation, Unpaid Med Bills, and Ch.7 BK

Unread postby tr1plethreat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:00 pm

NJ has refused to pay her half of our S1 residual med bills from a serious accident, roughly $6K (her half). As a result the medical collectors have come after me.

She filed Ch. 7 Bankruptcy rather than pay the bills.

A family court support order was in place directing each parent to pay 50% of unpaid med expenses prior to her filing for BK.

My question is: Can she override a family support order by filing BK? I thought you couldn't discharge Domestic Support Obligation per Title 11?

Note: She listed the doctors and hospital as creditors but she did not list me as a creditor. If I pay the full amount, am I then her creditor and she will have to reimburse me per the support order? I think I need to file a motion for reimbursement.
10+ Posts
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests