expanded possession tx

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

expanded possession tx

Postby kidsdadt » Thu May 10, 2012 8:20 am

I understand texas has standard and expanded possession

how does this work?

is it thurs after school thru monday morning to school during the summer months? at daycare after the regular school is out?

who pays for the daycare during the 30 days allowed in july

is it 1st 3rd and 5th weekends only or is it every weekend thursday thu monday?

i've searched online and not wanting to get billed by the attorney for the general questions

can someone explain it to me
kidsdadt
1K+ Posts

Re: expanded possession tx

Postby Thoughts? » Thu May 10, 2012 10:21 am

Think of it this way. You could have the kids for a couple hours during the week for a dinner, and from Friday evening to Sunday evening (standard), or you could exercise on 1st 3rd & 5th weekends after school ends through school starts the next day. So when you'd pick them up end of school on Thursday, and if it were your weekend, they'd be with you until they go back to school on Monday morning.

From an NCP perspective, it's not a total screw job, it gives you around 41%.

Re the 30 days in summer, you can choose your weeks if you do so by a deadline (April comes to mind), so you can break it up a bit. And yes, each party has to pay their own day care when the child requires it during their parenting time, unless decided otherwise by the court.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Postby kidsdadt » Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 pm

thanks you just saved on my legal fees. You're always very helpful and it is VERY MUCH appreciated
kidsdadt
1K+ Posts

Postby dad_76904 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:48 pm

here's what i have man. i'm in texas.

i have the expanded standard, PLUS more.

i have 1st 3rd and 5th weekends starting from the time the children are released from school until monday morning when i drop them back off at school.

i also have 2nd and 4th weeks, from wednesday after school, until friday morning (2 overnights).

i also can pick them up 2 days per week after school while their mother is as work, from the time they're released until 530 (2.5 hrs each day).

down to the hours, i have them nearly 50%, but i still pay full child support. texas is a wonderfully antiquated CS state by the way.

in my county, this schedule is much preferred. shoot for 50 50 man! but yu cannot get anything less than expanded standard if you ask for it. plain and simple.
dad_76904
100+ Posts

Postby dad_76904 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:51 pm

oh, and btw, it is stated in my divorce decree that my ex is responsible for ALL daycare costs. it wasn't originally, but my attorney stated that she would be reponsible for it. i would not sign it until she had it added to the decree, and it was.

the thing is, as soon as the divorce was signed, she yanked the kids out of organized daycare, and is having them watched at her home instead, by a friend. i could take her back to court for it as she isn't a licensed daycare facility, but i have to learn to choose my battles. as it stands, she is working with me pretty decently. things are calm. maybe because she's planning her wedding, and is preoccupied.
dad_76904
100+ Posts

Postby singledad111 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 pm

dad_76904 wrote:here's what i have man. i'm in texas.

i have the expanded standard, PLUS more.

i have 1st 3rd and 5th weekends starting from the time the children are released from school until monday morning when i drop them back off at school.

i also have 2nd and 4th weeks, from wednesday after school, until friday morning (2 overnights).

i also can pick them up 2 days per week after school while their mother is as work, from the time they're released until 530 (2.5 hrs each day).

down to the hours, i have them nearly 50%, but i still pay full child support. texas is a wonderfully antiquated CS state by the way.

in my county, this schedule is much preferred. shoot for 50 50 man! but yu cannot get anything less than expanded standard if you ask for it. plain and simple.

Just curious- did you setlle or did you get that in court? my unedrstanding is that if you go to court, it's hard to get more than what the expanded is
singledad111
100+ Posts

Postby singledad111 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:16 pm

capslock wrote:No thursdays in summer, but Thursday thru Mon am otherwise.
If I had expanded spo I would try to just keep taking the thursdays during summer though. If you fly under the radar for a period of time and then ex balks, a judge is likely to keep the status quo in a clarification.

I could be wrong, but here is my undersntading of EPO- 1,3 and 5 week NCP gets from thursday after school untill Friday am when the school begins and then from Friday after school untill Monday morning. Effectivly, it is the same as from Thursday after school untill Monday morning UNLESS the child is not in school or/and day care. If the child is in home care then, the CP can pick him up Friday am untill Friday pm after school.

2 and 4 week, NCP gets from Thursday after school untill Friday am
singledad111
100+ Posts

Postby Thoughts? » Fri May 11, 2012 5:35 pm

To singledad, in many places, it's becoming more common place to see 50/50.

But as pointed out, TX has antiquated CS formulas. The law technically allows the bench to take assets, income, time in possession, "other factors" into account in setting CS. However, the formula itself is straight percentage based upon # of children up to a level of net income determined by a specified formula. She could earn as much as you, and you could have 49%, but you'd still pay 30% of up to $7500 net per month for 3 kids.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum