She wants to take kids for fathers day

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: She wants to take kids for fathers day

Postby justlarry » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 pm

jumbledone wrote:Per the agreement (unsigned right now, but have been unofficially observing it), Mother's day and Father's day are outlined that the kiddos should spend the day with the respective parent.

Jumbledone, Custody is either Done (Signed by a Judge and enforceable) or NOT Done (Not signed by a Judge and not enforceable on either party. Your quote sounds like being a little pregnant. No such thing. You are or you are not.

I am talking from experience. I did not see my kids the first Fathers day. Because we did not have a Judge signed agreement she just disapeared with the kids before I came home from work on Friday and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Without a Custody Order signed by a Judge either parent can run off with the kids without telling the other. I would nail that down with a judges signature before Mothers day unless you take the chance of not seeing your kids on Fathers day.
justlarry
500+ Posts

Postby Bubba Seal » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 am

Ditto what Larry said, until its signed by you, her and the judge it doesnt mean anything.

Good Luck

PS, I wouldnt rush to sign it just over Fathers Day, make sure its what you want in total first, it will be hard to go back and change it, and cost more. Try to keep your emotions in check on this while you are dealing with it.
Bubba Seal
1K+ Posts

Postby Gdad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Did I miss something? Did she offer you anything to compensate for giving up your weekend? Switch weekend? Extra "other" time?

If it's your weekend and Father's Day, I wouldn't just give it up, but just be careful how much of a fight you want. It sounds like your divorce isn't over and you don't want to look/sound like an unreasonable @$$h0le if this goes to a judge.
Gdad
50+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:22 pm

No father would look like a tool protecting his Fathers' Day time with his children. That's a pretty safe bet. On the contrary, a woman who'd make a big issue out of it could be seen as a lousy parent.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby justlarry » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Trevor wrote:No father would look like a tool protecting his Fathers' Day time with his children.

True, but right now he does not have any Fathers Day time. At least not enforceable.
justlarry
500+ Posts

Postby jumbledone » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Yeah, I don't have enforceable orders. I just need to get my < hindquarters > in gear to get it in front of the judge next month.

However, turn it around and she doesn't have orders to have them that weekend. Guess I pick them up from childcare and head to somewhere quiet and away. :)
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.

It's like he never existed - FoF
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Postby justlarry » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:02 pm

If there is not a signed court order hammered out by Fathers day then that certainly does sound like a good plan.
justlarry
500+ Posts

Postby Thoughts? » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 am

Jiumbled am kinda of torqued about your post. You didn't bother telling any one who was responding until well into this exchange that you had no enforceable right to Father's Day. Father's & Mother's Day are very enforceable in almost all jurisdictions, garbage in is garbage out, and that was just mis-leading.

You have no position. Clean up your orders and stop wasting our time asking for opinions with only half the relevant info that's needed to give you a clue. Pffft.

This post is locked.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum