Maine - Emergency

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Maine - Emergency

Unread postby MaineDad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 am

The first time we went to court I wrote up a parenting plan. The judge granted me exactly what I wrote. I want to go to court with a new plan but I really don't know what to ask for besides sole custody.

The issues are of course my ex being dangerous and already on supervised visits. And now facing significant jail time. Should i write one or nah?

So far I have, sole custody to me and 2 hr weekly visits supervised by a third party. I can't even try to write up a tiered plan because I have no idea who can supervise or if she will be in prison. I also was thinking about asking for a psychological evaluation. Is this a good idea? I honestly feel visits should stop all together until she is stable. I don't want to tell the judge to give her visits if he is willing to stop them. He didn't seem to want to give her much last time but followed my plan to the T!
MaineDad
10+ Posts

Unread postby californiadad18 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:25 am

Maybe I am confused about your current schedule. You say she already has supervised visits. Really your only change is you want the words sole custody? I hate to beat a dead horse but you keep throwing the poor bastard out there and I have my stick handy.

How does you getting the words sole custody benefit your son? Clearly the mother has issues and needs to be supervised until she can prove she is not a safety risk to your son. What you are asking for doesn’t really solve the issue at hand in my opinion.
californiadad18
50+ Posts

Unread postby MaineDad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am

californiadad18 wrote:Maybe I am confused about your current schedule. You say she already has supervised visits. Really your only change is you want the words sole custody? I hate to beat a dead horse but you keep throwing the poor bastard out there and I have my stick handy.

How does you getting the words sole custody benefit your son? Clearly the mother has issues and needs to be supervised until she can prove she is not a safety risk to your son. What you are asking for doesn’t really solve the issue at hand in my opinion.

I want the court the order a eval of her BEFORE visits continue. The other issue is her mother supervising visits. I would like a third party to do this as I have proof she had left ex alone with child on several occasions.

Her having partial custody and getting worse after two years of supervised visits to prove herself makes no sense to me.
MaineDad
10+ Posts

Unread postby californiadad18 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

Getting an EVAL sounds like a solid idea as does fixing the issue with having a proper/legit 3rd party supervising her visits to make sure your son is safe. This definitely screams best interest to me.

"Her having partial custody and getting worse after two years of supervised visits to prove herself makes no sense to me."

I hope you don't plan on saying that to the judge. Again what specifically will your son benefit from by you having sole custody? Also do not take this as me telling you not ask for it because this is your case not mine. If this is what you feel is best for your son you don't owe me an answer. I am just pushing you to take an honest assessment of your motivation behind this and asking if this is really about what is best for your son or just best for you.
californiadad18
50+ Posts

Unread postby MaineDad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm

californiadad18 wrote:Getting an EVAL sounds like a solid idea as does fixing the issue with having a proper/legit 3rd party supervising her visits to make sure your son is safe. This definitely screams best interest to me.

"Her having partial custody and getting worse after two years of supervised visits to prove herself makes no sense to me."

I hope you don't plan on saying that to the judge. Again what specifically will your son benefit from by you having sole custody? Also do not take this as me telling you not ask for it because this is your case not mine. If this is what you feel is best for your son you don't owe me an answer. I am just pushing you to take an honest assessment of your motivation behind this and asking if this is really about what is best for your son or just best for you.

Of course I wouldn't say that to the judge. xD

If she goes to prison for 3 yrs it would be good to have full custody. Its written very weird now. Custody is shared with all decisions to be made by me if we don't agree. As far as myself is concerned, i have weighed the issues in my head many times. I think it's best that she does not play a major role in his life. Maybe later on if she improves. She used her shared custody to keep my son after she assaulted her mother who was supervising a visit. That meant the police made her mother leave and left my son alone with her. This was a week after she threatened to skip state with him. She is from Missouri.
MaineDad
10+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Bro you are quoting entire posts (again?).

Just address the poster or add one or two pertinent sentences.

Thanks in advance to you and everyone else to stop doing this. Makes it an unnecessary pain to read on the phone. It also may contribute to you getting less strategy and views because guys are blowing off whatever you post because it is very repetetive.

Make sense?
"No." is a complete sentence.
Do not move out of your house.
What are you grateful for?
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby MaineDad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Sorry for quoting whole posts. My phone is a junk Obama phone. I didn't think I had asked about a parenting plan before? Maybe I did.

But yeah, I sense my replies are getting less helpful and more picking on random stuff. (Forum etiquette is the least of my worries atm.) I'm new here and very nervous about this upcoming hearing. Thanks for the help. Wish you all luck.
MaineDad
10+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:22 pm

You're going to request full legal custody, and parenting time professionally supervised at her expense. In your affidavit you want to outline your concerns: her mother failed in her duties as a supervisor and left the mother alone with the child; and the mother had a violent altercation resulting in great bodily harm to a pregnant woman, and is now facing assault charges.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby Havalu7 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:14 am

Dude stick around a let the guys like Chaos help you.

Everybody including myself was new here once. Didn't want to run you off bro.

You CAN do this and this is the place to get good strategy.

Then you too can come on and nit pick (kidding brudda). But seriously the beauty of this forum is the guys and auxillary giving their experiences and or what they have learned here from others posts and dilemas.
"No." is a complete sentence.
Do not move out of your house.
What are you grateful for?
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum