Am I calculating this $ correctly state CS quick guide

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Am I calculating this $ correctly state CS quick guide

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Look, you can certainly pay her more than the guidelines call for, but why? Have you heard the expression "setting yourself on fire to keep your Ex warm." I know you want to do good, provide a stable home for the kids, but there is no guarantee where the money will go. Isn't it better to ensure the money gets spent properly by you on the kiddos?

Are you paying SS? If so, when is it expected to end? When it ends, CS you owe will go up as her income will now be less.

I know you are trying to educate her and worrying about what she might do in the future, but don't. Just focus on getting out with the best deal that you can. When she signs, the judge will ask her if she understands.
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby NJdad76 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:51 pm

ok. sO i WENT TO THIS FILLABLE FORM AND FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS. Referring to guidelines and income brackets.

the basic support amount cut off at $3600 a week, so I used that amount. We are not far off and I imagine that it should be about right.

[http://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10727_app9d.pdf

But I did have a question about line 15.
15. "PAR Adjusted SP Basic Child Support Amount (PAR L13 – L11 – L14)"
because L14 is listed as a negative number and when you subtract a negative you are actually adding.
But that seemed like a typo and I just did a straight subtraction of PAR L13(438) – L11(208) – L14(101) and got $129

The payment comes to $579 a month.
NJdad76
50+ Posts

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 am

NJdad76 wrote:I agreed to pay more to assist my ex in the transition to paying all the bills herself.
Also, she agreed to give me more parenting time as a result.

Look, I know we Dad's need to do whatever is necessary to be in our kids lives, but you do see the hypocrisy of the above. Your STBX sold your children for money. I know you think you are doing the right thing, but if you step back and assess her actions from afar, you should be enranged. Your children are not for sale! Any documentation of her making these types of claims would have gone very far in helping you gain more parenting time in front of a judge.
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby NJdad76 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Let me be clear.

We are already divorced. I have been paying the $1,000 a month for over a year.

She has been stalling on a finalized written agreement even though we have a rough draft accepted by the court recording the essential terms.

All I need to is insist that she acknowledges in the finalized agreement that it may go down and she will plan accordingly.
That way she can't go in and pretend to be a sweet pathetic clueless victim to the new judge when it come up in 2020. Instead of the Ivy League manipulator with a masters degree in Psych.
NJdad76
50+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:01 pm

LovingDadof2 wrote:
NJdad76 wrote:I agreed to pay more to assist my ex in the transition to paying all the bills herself.
Also, she agreed to give me more parenting time as a result.

Look, I know we Dad's need to do whatever is necessary to be in our kids lives, but you do see the hypocrisy of the above. Your STBX sold your children for money. I know you think you are doing the right thing, but if you step back and assess her actions from afar, you should be enranged. Your children are not for sale! Any documentation of her making these types of claims would have gone very far in helping you gain more parenting time in front of a judge.

Hypocrisy is getting offended that someone accepted your offer.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:00 am

I just despise reading how easily mothers trade parenting time (we all agree here that 50-50 is in the kids best interest - in most cases) for more $$$.
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby HaltAndCatchFire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 am

NJdad76 wrote:She has been stalling on a finalized written agreement even though we have a rough draft accepted by the court recording the essential terms.

When you say "rough draft", are you referring to a transcript from a hearing that outlines what the judge ordered?
The only way out is through.
HaltAndCatchFire
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum