Good Cause Expired - Now What?

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Good Cause Expired - Now What?

Unread postby Outis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 am

With the current issues, it shouldn't be that hard to get a judge to agree to another evaluation - especially with the evaluation you've already had. And it seems that, based on that same evaluation, you've got a solid chance.

But you know it ain't cheap. You need to get creative and find a way.
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:48 am

Outis wrote:With the current issues, it shouldn't be that hard to get a judge to agree to another evaluation - especially with the evaluation you've already had. And it seems that, based on that same evaluation, you've got a solid chance.

But you know it ain't cheap. You need to get creative and find a way.

I had that very conversation yesterday with family. Dude that's 10 grand and that's a problem. All things considered, and based on my opinion of the Judge currently 'in office' she'd order it. Paying for it is a different story.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am

I was allowed to make payments to Family Court Services.
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Started Over » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Your daughter needs you.

Make a plan and execute on it. Sell everything. Get an extra job that you can do online. Beg and borrow.

For your plan of pickup, execute on that, but as Outis is indicating, you shouldn't just be focused on the single pickup. You eed a longer term strategy to get your daughter back into your care.
People who live their lives watching only the rearview mirror tend to crash their cars. - Trevor
Started Over
500+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:35 am

Definitely looking beyond Friday, I'm just trying to out think the ex in the short term. I don't want to call the police - my thinking there was documentation for court. Either my daughter just won't appear, or the ex will have her making a scene in the office before I get there threatening who knows what if they make her go with me...like last time. I'd prefer the former because it seems least dramatic. But if she's there making a scene, do I force the child to go with me? Do I allow her not to go with me for the sake of keeping the peace until I can file something with the court?

Tell me more about making payments to Family Court Services?
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:39 am

Judge asked if I'd pay for an eval. I asked about payments. We negotiated a deal in court, something like $100 every 2 weeks. Pretty simple. Call your family court services and ask if they take payment arrangements if an eval is ordered.

Any more court dates coming up?
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am

Are you saying there is a certain cost threshold that would make you throw up your hands and give up on your daughter?
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Outis wrote:Judge asked if I'd pay for an eval. I asked about payments. We negotiated a deal in court, something like $100 every 2 weeks. Pretty simple. Call your family court services and ask if they take payment arrangements if an eval is ordered.

Any more court dates coming up?

I will ask. Thank you. I will call tomorrow.

No more court dates are scheduled. I feel frustrated she seems to have gotten away with just not showing up for either mediation or the hearing. I figure there will be trouble of some kind tomorrow, either before school or after and I will have to file something next week as a result. Maybe then they'll address the no shows.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:01 am

How are you handling the no shows? Are these recorded in a journal? Are you contacting the mother? If so, how?
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Outis wrote:How are you handling the no shows? Are these recorded in a journal? Are you contacting the mother? If so, how?

I do record in my journal when these things happen. During the exchanges I used to try to call, then text, then email. She doesn't respond. She don't respond with the police try either. They have to go to her home, and when they do she produces the kids, usually with some excuse. Last month, the day before mediation, she told the officer she thought the exchange was at 1pm. It's at 8:30am and has been (unchanged) since the divorce. The officer asked me how often this happens. I told him 3 or 4 times a year. He said I should file it this time and at least let the judge slap her on the wrist, so I did. I haven't heard anything on it since. It's been a couple weeks.

I observed her taking our daughter from school on Friday. I did not confront her. I went in and talked with the school counselor who was keen on all the info I had since she was unaware of all the drama since this started in August. She wants to read the custody eval and says this is all very bizarre. I then called the police and had them write a report but not file. I assume I need to do this on my own? I'm going to talk to a facilitator next week.

Also found out that last wednesday night, during the daughter's winter band concert, the ex left our son, who is 7, alone in the car parked on the side of the road in the dark for over an hour during the concert. He probably protested going in. So what? She told him to tell me "it was a good concert", if I asked. These things make me want to jump up and down. Who leaves their 7 year old in a car at night parked on the side of the road for over an hour?

Anyway, I got a letter. The court fined my ex a hundred bucks for not appearing for mediation/hearing. So, there's that...
iamthedad
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum