California Child support question

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: California Child support question

Unread postby CA_dad_2016 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:43 pm

yes probably 5,400 is what it would be. That's correct I just went to court to modify child support not parenting time. Although we decided to let the D16 make her own schedule, which is currently seems to be 1 month with each parent d10 is one week on and off .

ss obligation is modifiable at any time and length of the marriage was 15 years. I have been paying support since 2012 when we separated. Ex has a boyfriend but is not cohabiitating, she wouldn't' give up that kind of money lol...
CA_dad_2016
10+ Posts

Unread postby nr552 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:23 pm

So what are the terms of your SS? -- I hope you didn't agree to more than 1/2 the length of marriage.

I was married for 16... got my ex to agree to 8 years of support.. but also got a gavron warning and an order of Richmond... The idea is that the person is to be self supportive after a reasonable period of time-- if no effort has been made...well there's gonna be a change of SS...(downward) unless things change.
nr552
500+ Posts

Unread postby CA_dad_2016 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Yup I have those too in my MSA....Still need to figure out if I can take care of this child support issue by myself...I mean it should be easy right? I just submit my journal as evidence and say I want to pay guideline support based on the actual parenting time and let the judge decide...
CA_dad_2016
10+ Posts

Unread postby nr552 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 pm

How long is your journal?

Mine was 580 days worth...

Was overwhelming really. Plus I had phone records and text messages that aligned with my journal *I put everything and I mean everything in my journal. IE-- "Taco Tuesday, went to Robertos's taco shop.. Son did his usualy Califor. burrito, his way" -- Wednesday-- "took son to school. Mom picked him up, but didn't want to hang out with him and brought him back home-- son txt me that he was home @ 330pm, then called me @ work from his cell to say he was home." <----- that kinda detail-- and had the matching screen shots of the txt messages, PLUS the cell phone record showing his call, the time, and to my work #... That was enough for my ex's attorney to basically agree to what I wanted parenting time wise-- I think you should have gotten the modification request in there too-- get things on paper to be 50/50-- then she can pi$$ in the wind-- it'll just come down to guideline support.
nr552
500+ Posts

Unread postby CA_dad_2016 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:52 pm

My journal is 6 months and when the D16 went back and forth an email was sent through ofw confirming the transfer and I have her responses that yes the transfer took place. Hard to see how she argues that...
CA_dad_2016
10+ Posts

Unread postby BCD2016 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm

nr552 wrote:How long is your journal?

Mine was 580 days worth...

Was overwhelming really. Plus I had phone records and text messages that aligned with my journal *I put everything and I mean everything in my journal. IE-- "Taco Tuesday, went to Robertos's taco shop.. Son did his usualy Califor. burrito, his way" -- Wednesday-- "took son to school. Mom picked him up, but didn't want to hang out with him and brought him back home-- son txt me that he was home @ 330pm, then called me @ work from his cell to say he was home." <----- that kinda detail-- and had the matching screen shots of the txt messages, PLUS the cell phone record showing his call, the time, and to my work #... That was enough for my ex's attorney to basically agree to what I wanted parenting time wise-- I think you should have gotten the modification request in there too-- get things on paper to be 50/50-- then she can pi$$ in the wind-- it'll just come down to guideline support.

When does this journal come in to play. I have a journal which is over a year now. I highly anticipate whether it be over CS or parenting my ex will dispute the practicing parenting time I have. How do I get this into an FCS mediator's hands?
BCD2016
10+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 pm

You don't present the journal, no one is going to read it. You present the salient points based on the accumulation of data points to reinforce your position. Ideally you summarize the data visually. You need to think elevator pitch if/when you go to court.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BCD2016 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:16 am

Thank you, that’s what I thought I had read in a post early on in my documentation.
BCD2016
10+ Posts

Unread postby nr552 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:25 pm

massdad1234 wrote:You don't present the journal, no one is going to read it. You present the salient points based on the accumulation of data points to reinforce your position. Ideally you summarize the data visually. You need to think elevator pitch if/when you go to court.

I summarized mine, with the entire 26+ pages attached for backup of those "key points" in my summary.

Think "erin brockovich" when it came to remembering everything-- who what where when. That's what I did. Formulate it however you think it'll work best for your situation/case.
nr552
500+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum