Gifts for & from Ex

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Gifts for & from Ex

Unread postby HaltAndCatchFire » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:38 pm

I gave her the gift of courtesy by not canceling her auto insurance immediately the day I found out our D was finalized a few weeks ago. Instead I chose to not renew her policy when it comes up at the end of the month.

She gave me a bottle of salt and olive oil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The only way out is through.
HaltAndCatchFire
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:27 pm

For your wounds, no doubt.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 pm

OP actually got me some decent stuff - a gift card to amazon (already spent on more self improvement books), some of my favorite sweets (sweet tooth) and a fiction book to read. All in all, not a bad deal all things considering. I don't expect the same next year as I believe she is still under the impression I am going to pay her max child support thus funding her lifestyle.

We shall see! Aim high, its less crowded
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Broken Machine » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:05 pm

My kids each gave me a small gift for Christmas. Of course STBX paid for it. But I did not reciprocate. The kids never brought it up, and neither will I. I also won't do it next year either (unless the kids ask, then I will). Maybe it is some residual bitterness that I have not yet purged from my soul. But mostly I just don't care either way.
Broken Machine
100+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:40 pm

My ex and I are cordial. We aren't "buy < feces > for each other" cordial. If she sent me a gift I'd have to check it for contraband.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby astrolink » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:51 pm

I bought gifts with and from the kids for a couple years. I never received anything back, so it ended.
“There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”
astrolink
500+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:03 pm

I prefer to model my behavior not taking the STBX/EX's response into account. Regardless if she responds, the kids will see that I put effort into getting her a gift. If she chooses not to reciprocate, the kids will learn things on their own.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Miscellany