socal burning

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

socal burning

Unread postby RC611V » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Fires are not unusual around here of course but I haven't seen them in some of the locales that are happening right now. The fires a bit ago in Santa Rosa were terrible. My good friend is a fireman up there and worked 24/7 for a while. And I have people very close to me in Santa Paula, Ventura, Oxnard. Schools closed, work places closed, not in the burn areas but just nearby because nobody can get anywhere. It's crazy. Besides the Northridge quake when I was only 13, I haven't been so close to a similar disaster, and it feels different than when you see it on tv in some 'other' place.

Brush fire on the 405? nuts. And another one in Malibu started just now. In Ventura the fire jumped the 101 freeway and burned to the ocean. WTF. In Santa Paula the fire was moving so quickly with the wind it was consuming an acre per second. Seems impossible.
Last edited by RC611V on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only chicky dudes send PMs and then delete them before they're read, in the middle of the night.
RC611V
5K+ Posts

Re: socal burning

Unread postby Trevor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:56 pm

I am hoping the Santa Ana winds quell quickly and the people stay safe. We have annual fires in FL too, but CA fires make them pale in comparison.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Re: socal burning

Unread postby a dad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:50 pm

After those NorCal fires, I've added a couple air quality bookmarks to check and have some low-micron static-charged HVAC air filters to use with my thermostat set to fan always on, not just with heat or ac.
a dad

Return to Miscellany