Sexual Harassment in the news

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Sexual Harassment in the news

Unread postby gamingdad » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Agreed about Terry.
READ YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
gamingdad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm

I thought his point here was very eye opening
"Crews, a former NFL player, explained that the only reason he didn’t “kick his < hindquarters > right then” was because he worried about the repercussions of someone of his size and race beating up a “Hollywood Honcho.”

“I decided not 2 take it further becuz I didn’t want 2b ostracized— par 4 the course when the predator has power n influence,” he added. “I let it go. And I understand why many women who this happens to let it go. Who’s going 2 believe you? ( few) What r the repercussions?(many) Do u want 2 work again? (Yes) R you prepared 2b ostracized? (No).”

A big black guy hitting an older white guy at a fancy party? That would ruin his career, especially if no one saw the groping that prompted it. He'd get a "crazy violent black man" rep.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby RC611V » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Mine wasn't that big of a deal, and I'm not directly comparing myself to Crews.

But I totally had similar thoughts.

I wanted to react, impulsively, sort of like when you are woken up from a bad dream and swing your arm, if someone is next to you and you hit them, it isn't like conscious, right? It was like that, I just turned around ready to fight basically. And there was this little dude like smirking at me. So I felt like he was so small I couldn't rightfully do anything to him.

And when we left he was sidling up next to me and then my woman, and I really wanted to knock him out. I told him to get the < edited > away and he did. But I don't often get so angry.

So I guess I saw a bit how women sometimes feel. But there are multiple views to every controversy.
Only chicky dudes send PMs and then delete them before they're read, in the middle of the night.
RC611V
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:03 am

It appears there's a great purge happening.

The variations of response, from I'm deeply sorry for my actions to All those women are lying is interesting, and telling.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Trevor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 am

It has me thinking about how I've treated women and minorities over the years. Overall I have to say my introspective review has been good. I've led teams of up to 90 people without any temptation to do stupid things, and no accusations of any such behavior. I toured with a band for many years and had some interesting times but never did anything odd or without consent...explicit consent. Thinking back, somehow I knew to make sure of that - maybe it's about being a decent human being (nobody's hero) and respecting other people's dignity and humanity.

Before anyone says "well you're just a low level hack, you don't have power over anyone" - you don't have to be rich to be an < Hole > to someone by leveraging sex you wouldn't otherwise have gotten from someone who doesn't want to < edited > you but who needs to feed her family.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 am

Do you think we will see a reversal, like with False DV become rampant in the Family courts?
What about those women (and very few men) who use their sexuality to gain favors?

I've got a son and Daughter. I often think how hard it will be for them to find that person they can share a life with? How hard it will be for them to even date.
((Please sign this consent form)) or ((Could you state your name and age for my body camera)).

Instead of digital voice recorders we'll be suggesting body cameras.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 am

What about women (and some men) who use their sexuality to gain favors?

I mean, they can try and the person in power can just say "nope, not gonna work" and reprimand with HR or let them go.

I guess I don't really understand the question. Are we worried that people like that won't have a chance in a working environment? Then good.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:29 am

Maybe as a result of this cultural shift aestheticly challenged women will be able to break into professions such as pharmaceutical sales reps or country music singers.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby afc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:35 am

Or ugly guys into pharm reps for OBGYNs. Have an OBGYN in my circle and she said that the company sends young good looking men to charm the front office staff and nurses.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:09 pm

In a related note, am I the only one who believes strongly that tonight's fox news poll reporting that Doug Jones is 10 points ahead of The Pedophile is merely a ruse to rile conservatives into panic, to make sure they show up tomorrow at the polls? Am I that cynical?

About this, yes.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellany