Another one bites the dust.

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Another one bites the dust.

Unread postby Chasbo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am

I've been going out with a woman for the past year. She just asked me if I would give up every other weekend with my kids to spend with her. She argued I could make up the time on weekdays. My ex wife was actually amenable to the suggestion as currently I have every weekend and two weekdays at least.

But truthfully I have more fun with the kids then anyone else and as they are 14 and 16 my time with them is running short .

So I basically told her no. We are still dating but I know we are pretty much done. Almost every woman seems to want commitment after a certain amount of time. I've never regretted choosing my kids over any woman. But it does suck a little.

On the other hand you do end up getting quite a variety of women. But this was a good one and it will be a bit sad.
Chasbo
2.5K+ Posts

Re: Another one bites the dust.

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:47 am

She was not a good one.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am

Chasbo wrote:I've been going out with a woman for the past year. She just asked me if I would give up every other weekend with my kids to spend with her. She argued I could make up the time on weekdays. My ex wife was actually amenable to the suggestion as currently I have every weekend and two weekdays at least.

But truthfully I have more fun with the kids then anyone else and as they are 14 and 16 my time with them is running short .

So I basically told her no. We are still dating but I know we are pretty much done. Almost every woman seems to want commitment after a certain amount of time. I've never regretted choosing my kids over any woman. But it does suck a little.

On the other hand you do end up getting quite a variety of women. But this was a good one and it will be a bit sad.

Brother you disappoint me, I mean you gots to think and talk like a woman, the truth has no place when you are dealing with a woman.

Any woman who is selfish to that level is bad news, the me, me, me, gets old quickly.

But you should practice and respond with positive reinforcement, sure I will walk a million miles for you, then ask the same of her, will you love me so much that you will love the children same if not more.

Back on topic: Yes, it is lonely sometimes, but I would not trade my time with my children, but then again we dads all do, just don't advertise it to njs ;-)
Last edited by grandet2 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby Chasbo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:36 am

I'm not lamenting my decision. It's one that I've made before with minimal regrets.

It's just a very real decision that divorced dads get faced with.

I know I will never regret being with my kids as much as possible. However there is a real pressure point there when it comes to our future relationships. I absolutely love being single dad. And the dads that put random women in front of their kids induce pity in me not envy.

Nevertheless, it sucks a little.
Chasbo
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Chasbo wrote:She just asked me if I would give up every other weekend with my kids to spend with her.
It took a year. But the truth finally comes out.

Chasbo wrote:She argued I could make up the time on weekdays.
Her argument for make-up time has selfishness written all over it.

Put the shoe on the other foot. How 'bout spending weekday (aka, make-up) time with girl friend?? That should torpedo the relationship.

Bottom line: If she can talk you out of EOW, what will she want next??

She's a predator, Bro. Dump her.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Her loss bro!
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:36 pm

wow, and to think, you were thinking about promoting this one, she did you a favor.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Return to Miscellany