It could be worse .. your situation that is.

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

It could be worse .. your situation that is.

Unread postby ragnar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Sometimes I am mad about my divorce and the arrangement. Then I talk to others. This stuff tends to keep me grounded when upset.

So far I met a survivor of domestic violence and her kids witnessed it. Some seriously < edited > up < feces > happened and she barely told me anything. Literally had to call 911 once because her husband was going in the garage to get a gun and she had to hide with the kids in the house. Stiches in the head from violence in front of the kids. And that's all she even told me. Oh, she had to get some surgery recently because of him to. I know the details but won't repeat it. I had to Google the surgery and basically had a WTF moment.

I knew a team mate on roller hockey is divorced. his son was at hockey this week which isn't normal. I always figured it was some traditional split since he misses some games (assumed his weekend). NOPE. His ex is crazy. She is actually a horrible parent. She admits to it. he has the kid like 90% of the time and it sounds like the 3 days a month she sees their son is something that she doesn't even want. When I found out I said "god bless you" to him and he was very appreciative. He seems to be a great dad from what I saw.

During the mandatory classes I nCT I met a guy there and he said his ex is a mess. She has a bad relationship with her own parents. His relationship with his ex-in-laws is really great and he is the one taking the kids there for dinners and having a real relationship with her parents. Seriously screwed up man.
ragnar
100+ Posts

Re: It could be worse .. your situation that is.

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 pm

I always take stories of DV with a grain of sand. Lots of guys come on here and claim their wives are crazy because of DV in the past. Of course, no evidence except what their crazy wives say. Not saying it doesn't happen, but mostly the problem is gossip about it...when usually two very biased people know that actual truth. Or they think they do.

Everyone has an angle, and everyone lies. Best advice is not to listen to gossip.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby spritom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:59 pm

When I was going through my divorce, I'd go to a scheduled attorney appointment. While waiting, a relative of mine worked as a paralegal at the firm and he'd come chat for a moment. He said that yeah...my then-STBX was fairly whacked in some ways (enough to sabotage her own case a couple times)...but he said that just a large number of cases that went through the office had all sorts of awful things.
Lotta drug situations. Lotta calling the cops. Fair number of people calling child-protective-services. Lotta people (males and females) that made real bad decisions to screw up their case even more.
New to all this? Read The List
TAC (The Acronym List)
Short-short version of what to do

跟猴子比丟屎
spritom
Moderator Emeritus

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:13 pm

If I had a penny for every chick that said their ex was abusive I'd be filthy rich.

My favorite question to them is always "what did the cops do when they got there?"
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:33 pm

. . . says the guy who called his ex abusive but didn't call the cops.
a dad

Unread postby nr552 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 am

a dad wrote:. . . says the guy who called his ex abusive but didn't call the cops.

^^^ewww.. that's a burn
nr552
500+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:15 am

Im not sure if that was directed at me or not.

I called the cops immediately both time my ex hit me.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 pm

lovingfatherof2 wrote:If I had a penny for every chick that said their ex was abusive I'd be filthy rich.

Ah yes, your "ex was abusive".

No charges.
a dad

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:07 am

Trevor wrote:I always take stories of DV with a grain of sand. Lots of guys come on here and claim their wives are crazy because of DV in the past. Of course, no evidence except what their crazy wives say. Not saying it doesn't happen, but mostly the problem is gossip about it...when usually two very biased people know that actual truth. Or they think they do.

Everyone has an angle, and everyone lies. Best advice is not to listen to gossip.

Grain of salt, err, more like a large bottle of Jamaican Rum man, ya man.

Before I pee in my pants trying to recollect the sob stories I have heard from nj's und ss nj's, Trevor is on the $$.

These are delusional rants, I will post a thread about my "Cold ones with a drunk nj" later.

Story time: I have few neighbors who have these stories, I went to court and looked up their file, spoke to the child's father in case who is in Seattle.

NJ's Story: Dad does not want to see son, he never calls him, he does not pay child support.
Reality: NJ moved away to MI to prevent dad from getting custody he was seeking, NJ took child's cellphone away so he could not contact the other parent, The dad filed paperwork based on failing grade in School.

I just listen and go awwwwhhhhhh
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby Chasbo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:54 am

My ex told a lot of people in my town I was abusive. It was a total fabrication. In the end it just meant that for a few years people wouldn't send their kids over to play at my house.

So before I believe the "he was a monster" stuff, I really need to see solid proof. It happens of course but so does a lot of women hitting men, which is what happened in my case.
Chasbo
2.5K+ Posts

Return to Miscellany