NFL, protests, and hyperventilation

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: NFL, protests, and hyperventilation

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:19 am

ha! I would put him in the "they just need to work harder camp" too.

Luckily, the minority majority is on the rise, and kids today are being exposed to a wider melting pot with greater ease of movement.

Another story time, I recently had people openly use derogatory terms for homosexuals and arabics, because they clearly felt safe to do so. Shocker, one of the people present was a white cop.

Germany apparently is having a similar issue and have voted in some white nationalists, especially in border towns. Comments from elected officials like Germany should do a U-Turn on how they remember the Nazi's and that they should be proud to have fought in 2 world wars.

The non-racists believe fear and uncertainty is more at play than structural racism, but it certainly isn't a US only thing.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Re: NFL, protests, and hyperventilation

Unread postby Jnwaco » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:46 pm

massdad1234 wrote:ha! I would put him in the "they just need to work harder camp" too.

Luckily, the minority majority is on the rise, and kids today are being exposed to a wider melting pot with greater ease of movement.

Another story time, I recently had people openly use derogatory terms for homosexuals and arabics, because they clearly felt safe to do so. Shocker, one of the people present was a white cop.

Germany apparently is having a similar issue and have voted in some white nationalists, especially in border towns. Comments from elected officials like Germany should do a U-Turn on how they remember the Nazi's and that they should be proud to have fought in 2 world wars.

The non-racists believe fear and uncertainty is more at play than structural racism, but it certainly isn't a US only thing.

Much of this is by design. Despite the racial disparities in this country, we are mostly all doing better than many other people in other countries, such as Venezuela or Detroit (that was a joke).

Politics is a successful business model. If you can successfully vilify one group with another and get into office, there is no incentive to solve actual problems.
Jnwaco
50+ Posts

Previous

Return to Miscellany