The other side is everyone but you

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: The other side is everyone but you

Unread postby afc » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 pm

A good private policy is "keep track of whose vagina you climax in".

Goes a long way in finding out if one is a dad
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Or if you already have a kid or two get the poke and smoke. Best thing I ever got.
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:
An unmarried pregnant woman walks into a hospital and has a baby. She is the presumed mother and has sole legal custody.

I'm good with that. Its good policy.

I appreciate you answering the question, but you have given an incomplete answer. You've left out an important aspect of the present day system: it's not just that Mom gets sole legal custody, it's also that Dad gets zero parenting rights by default.
Do you also agree with this? Is this good policy as well?

You seem really butthurt by that fact.

Not at all. Again, I was married to my ex wife so it doesn't effect me personally whatsoever. I'm not hurt by this at all. But other people are. And plenty of kids are as well.

Its been like that for generations and anyone that wanted to know it could find the information. If you dont agree with it you shouldnt have had a child outside of marriage. It demonstrates a lack of taking this parenting thing seriously

Slavery was common practice in this country for a very long time. Does that mean people were right to support it?
Women weren't allowed to vote, either. Was that right? You can't justify human rights violations simply by pointing out that they are SOP.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:45 pm

afc wrote:A good private policy is "keep track of whose vagina you climax in".

Goes a long way in finding out if one is a dad

Do you support one gender having full custody by default while the other gender has 0 parenting rights in cases where the parents never married?
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 pm

I appreciate you answering the question, but you have given an incomplete answer. You've left out an important aspect of the present day system: it's not just that Mom gets sole legal custody, it's also that Dad gets zero parenting rights by default.
Do you also agree with this? Is this good policy as well

The dad is unknown, therefore gets zero rights by default. I agree with this as its good policy. There isn't anyone known to grant rights to.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby afc » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Yes I do

But guys named Steve and guys who once took a leak in Graceland on the 5th Monday of May are exempt
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 pm

You keep repeating the same, completely false, statement Dad gets zero parenting rights by default.

Did you bother to read the link posted earlier, titled The Rights of Unmarried Fathers

Just stop. The hole is deep enough.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:
Do you also agree with this? Is this good policy as well

The dad is unknown, therefore gets zero rights by default. I agree with this as its good policy. There isn't anyone known to grant rights to.

You do realize we now have DNA testing available at a very reasonable cost, right? Not to mention that the Dad is known to the Mom the vast majority of the time.

Therefore I believe that you are just making an excuse by pointing to the Dad being unknown.

You are taking an overtly discriminatory position. It's literally no different than if I were to say that I support all unmarried Moms having no parenting rights and Dads having default full custody.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, My opinion is that I don't see your position any different than supporting slavery, persecution of Jewish people, oppression of women (back in the days when they were actually oppressed), or any other massive social injustice on a large scale.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:You keep repeating the same, completely false, statement Dad gets zero parenting rights by default.

Did you bother to read the link posted earlier, titled The Rights of Unmarried Fathers

Just stop. The hole is deep enough.

I'm not the one supporting separating children from their parents, you are.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 pm

BTW I read that link and I think it's outrageous. Anything short of 50/50 custody is outrageous. Why should the children be punished because their parents were never married?
dadforever
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellany