The other side is everyone but you

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: The other side is everyone but you

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:43 am

Apparently you don't know what the word arbitrary means either.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:Apparently you don't know what the word arbitrary means either.

C'mon, man. I'm asking you a serious question in good faith:

Are you ok with one gender having 0 parenting rights AS A DEFAULT when parents are not married?

You can even assume we have a positive DNA test if it makes you feel better. This is the heart of the matter.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby minuette » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 pm

dadforever wrote:...have Dads be the gender that gets full custody and have Moms have 0 parenting rights

Do you understand that you have described the outcome of divorces involving minor children under English Common Law (from which the legal systems of 49 states and DC are primarily derived), from the 13th-early 20th centuries? That through the mid-19th century, children could be treated as chattels? That it took until the push to implement the Populist platform of the 1890s before regulation of child labor became an issue of national prominence? That women had no legal right to vote nationwide until 1920?

The legal system is imperfect. Granted. But let us not be so hurried to nail ourselves to the cross on Good Friday, that we forget the US legal system has evolved and continues to evolve, and that we are living in an era of legal gender parity in the family courts that was unheard of for most of the last 700 years of recorded law.
minuette
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Dammit Min. You fell down the rabbit hole.

Nice to see you back, it's been a while. How's everything going?
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
I ♥ Disco

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 pm

minuette wrote:
dadforever wrote:...have Dads be the gender that gets full custody and have Moms have 0 parenting rights

Do you understand that you have described the outcome of divorces involving minor children under English Common Law (from which the legal systems of 49 states and DC are primarily derived), from the 13th-early 20th centuries? That through the mid-19th century, children could be treated as chattels? That it took until the push to implement the Populist platform of the 1890s before regulation of child labor became an issue of national prominence? That women had no legal right to vote nationwide until 1920?

The legal system is imperfect. Granted. But let us not be so hurried to nail ourselves to the cross on Good Friday, that we forget the US legal system has evolved and continues to evolve, and that we are living in an era of legal gender parity in the family courts that was unheard of for most of the last 700 years of recorded law.

No, we are not living in an era of gender parity in family courts. We are living in an era of unprecedented oppression and INequality. As mentioned, when parents are not married 1 gender gets full custody, 50% of the other parents income tax free and clear, and the full power and support of the State. All the while the other gender gets 0 parenting rights by default.

As to nailing myself to the cross, I was married to my ex so this has nothing whatsoever to do with my personal circumstance. I'm simply trying to support those that are brutally victimized by the systems. Those victims include children who are forcefully precluded from having a relationship with 1 of their parents.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 pm

We are living in an era of unprecedented oppression and INequality.

Your ignorance of history is astounding.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Not to mention the fact that none of this works the way you think it does. Your beliefs on this subject range from outright wrong, to extreme exaggerations of what actually happens.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
I ♥ Disco

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Chaos wrote:Not to mention the fact that none of this works the way you think it does. Your beliefs on this subject range from outright wrong, to extreme exaggerations of what actually happens.

Do unmarried Dads have parenting rights by default?

Do unmarried Moms have parenting rights by default?

These questions get right to the heart of the matter.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby dadforever » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:
We are living in an era of unprecedented oppression and INequality.

Your ignorance of history is astounding.

Ok, let's talk about right now if we can't agree on history.
As I've asked before, do you support 1 gender having no parenting rights by default if the parents were never married? Do you believe, as another posted, that if 1 gender has no parenting rights and the other has full custody by default, that this demonstrates evidence of gender parity in family court?
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:10 pm

You have this habit of discounting what you are demonstrably wrong on and then sprint headlong down a new path of wrongness.

An unmarried pregnant woman walks into a hospital and has a baby. She is the presumed mother and has sole legal custody.

I'm good with that. Its good policy.

You seem really butthurt by that fact. Its been like that for generations and anyone that wanted to know it could find the information. If you dont agree with it you shouldnt have had a child outside of marriage. It demonstrates a lack of taking this parenting thing seriously.
Fatheroffour

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellany