Parental Alienation

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Parental Alienation

Unread postby lesliemarie2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Dear Dads,

I recently attended a wonderful training on parental alienation and would be happy to share some of what I learned, which helps to explain why Dads so often end up on the losing end of parental alienation. The training was for attorneys and mental health professionals and gave great info on how attorneys can help a Dad (or in fewer cases, a mother) get it across to the courts that alienation is taking place.

I realize I'm a female and that may be suspicious to many, BUT, I am a private Guardian ad Litem in family court custody cases and I operate a supervised < parenting time > program...believe me I see how easily women can hijack the system. In my supervised < parenting time > program I am running 10 to 1 male to female clients, and the majority of my guardian ad litem cases are a Dad that can't get a step ahead of a scorned ex who has successfully commandeered the 'system'.

I do this because I do care about kids and find it repugnant when a parent , typically a mother, destroys a child's relationship with the other parent. The Dad pays a high cost indeed, but the child lives with the scars and dysfunction and never knows why. Ought to be criminal.
Regards...
lesliemarie2
First Post

Re: Parental Alienation

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 pm

We have another GAL who graces us with her presence from time to time. It would be interesting to see your top ten list of best things a Dad can do to protect his children's parenting time with Dad, especially when a GAL is brought into a custody case.

Oh, you may have noticed that we use a different phrase around here; we don't have "visiting" time with our kids (as might a convict, say).
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:48 pm

I normally​ wouldn't say this but, stick around, we could use the insight.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby dadforever » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Can you please give a summary of what you learned from the training. I'd especially appreciate any tips for Dads trying to get it across to the court that the child is being alienated.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby spritom » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Thanks for the intro LM2...I too would like to hear some of the insights
New to all this? Read The List
TAC (The Acronym List)
Short-short version of what to do

跟猴子比丟屎
spritom
Moderator Emeritus