Operation Chin-Back

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Operation Chin-Back

Unread postby grandetaco » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:01 pm

It is Sunday and I just got a hair cut and I was grooming my hair and the sight of my 3rd or 4th chin caught my attention.
What the fluke, I mean one costliest part of my divorce was the time I had to part with to review, prep, write many many pages. I mean my file is about 2.5 drawers full.

Weight gain was not horrible and my chin has a noticeable 2nd, 3rd and now 4th brother hanging.

Am I alone in gaining weight? I mean most people lose weight due to stress, depression.

Here is what my plan for Operation Chin-Back:
3 mile run at 6 am
1 mile power walk at lunch
Weights post dinner

Diet:
Early morning - fresh lime juice with honey and eggs with ham.
Then broke my meals down in half
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Re: Operation Chin-Back

Unread postby dadee_tx » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:22 pm

You put exercise first in your plan before diet which means you've got it backwards mentally. Diet is FAR more important than exercise in losing weight and in some ways large amounts of exercise can be counter-productive (body responds by being hungry).

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. I personally like low-carb/keto approach but there's more than one way to skin that cat.
dadee_tx
50+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:43 pm

dadee,
No dieting here, just eating 6 times instead of 3,

Low Carb/Keto:
I don't eat any bread anymore, so I guess you can call my diet low carb/keto, ;-)

I am guessing I have around 40 lbs to go till I can see my chin again :shock:
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby dadee_tx » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Eating the same daily calories to lose weight that you ate while gaining 40 pounds is probably not a path to success, IMO. Good luck.
dadee_tx
50+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:52 pm

GT look at Perricone's Diet (more lifestyle than diet as he says).

Inflammation is the bad guy. Look at his supplement suggestions, most important and best results for me so far (second time) is the suggestion of taking 3000 mg 3x a day of Omega 3 (even 3-6-9 mix). You will be rich for a few days and everyone around you will be asking "whiskey tango" but the pounds will fall of and the positive effects of the supplements (minimum Omega 3 3x daily) will help almost immediately. I also am doing the Weider Prime "healthy testosterone support" deal from Costco and after about three weeks can see the belly fat starting to minimize. Not a lack of desire on that front just was told it would help with belly fat and it is working slowly but shirley.

I can tell you the first time I did Perricone's supplement plan (bought from local health food store not his products) I went from 265 and a size 19 neck (with a color spreader when wearing a tie) to about 200 and a more moderate neck size. Now I was surfing 2-3 times a week which contributed to that monster neck and some more muscle weight, but when my buddy saw me wearing a nice pressed white polo button down (sized 19) he commented in his dry < edited > cutting sarcastic tone "Nice Tent". I knew I had to change.

Now I am steady around 212 to 216 and the fat is coming off, replaced with muscle and tone. Its not always weight as you know. I am not taking a lot of Perricone's suggested supplements (taking all of them is expensive btw) but am doing the O3 as many times a day that I can remember when eating; but no more than three. O3 is amazing in me humble opinion bro.

Check out Perricone's spices suggestions as I also think this helps with daily weight management and what is cool about Perricone is he breaks it down to the mitochondria level in his explanations of what each spice and supplement he suggest does. It is really cool and I try to mix up a bottle of spices and use the mix at work on salads, tv type crap I eat at work while chained to the desk, even that healthy mans mix called Beef Stew I will toss some of the spice mix on it.

Okay that's all I've got on that:-)
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 pm

I have a fuller understanding now.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby nomatterwhat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:I have a fuller understanding now.

Hey Boss, sent you a PM when you have time..
nomatterwhat
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Good plan for making very expensive urine.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby grandetaco » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 pm

dadee_tx wrote:Eating the same daily calories to lose weight that you ate while gaining 40 pounds is probably not a path to success, IMO. Good luck.

Nein, nein, 40 lbs were not gained during divorce,

20 - college
5 - Boba Tea, in Cali when I worked there
15 - divorce

I am at 210 lb now, my goal is 170,
Never dieted, never will, but eating smaller portions is my goal and sleep more.
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Havalu7 wrote:GT look at Perricone's Diet (more lifestyle than diet as he says).

Inflammation is the bad guy. Look at his supplement suggestions, most important and best results for me so far (second time) is the suggestion of taking 3000 mg 3x a day of Omega 3 (even 3-6-9 mix). You will be rich for a few days and everyone around you will be asking "whiskey tango" but the pounds will fall of and the positive effects of the supplements (minimum Omega 3 3x daily) will help almost immediately. I also am doing the Weider Prime "healthy testosterone support" deal from Costco and after about three weeks can see the belly fat starting to minimize. Not a lack of desire on that front just was told it would help with belly fat and it is working slowly but shirley.

I can tell you the first time I did Perricone's supplement plan (bought from local health food store not his products) I went from 265 and a size 19 neck (with a color spreader when wearing a tie) to about 200 and a more moderate neck size. Now I was surfing 2-3 times a week which contributed to that monster neck and some more muscle weight, but when my buddy saw me wearing a nice pressed white polo button down (sized 19) he commented in his dry < edited > cutting sarcastic tone "Nice Tent". I knew I had to change.

Now I am steady around 212 to 216 and the fat is coming off, replaced with muscle and tone. Its not always weight as you know. I am not taking a lot of Perricone's suggested supplements (taking all of them is expensive btw) but am doing the O3 as many times a day that I can remember when eating; but no more than three. O3 is amazing in me humble opinion bro.

Check out Perricone's spices suggestions as I also think this helps with daily weight management and what is cool about Perricone is he breaks it down to the mitochondria level in his explanations of what each spice and supplement he suggest does. It is really cool and I try to mix up a bottle of spices and use the mix at work on salads, tv type crap I eat at work while chained to the desk, even that healthy mans mix called Beef Stew I will toss some of the spice mix on it.

Okay that's all I've got on that:-)

I watched a pbs item on inflammation in the body, omega 3 defnitely helps but that much I will probably burp fishy all day ;-)
I bought some enteric omega3, see that helps,

I read that Turmeric also reduces inflammation in the body.
I am going to look up Perricone tomorrow. Let's see if I ca reverse engineer the secret spice.

I have cut out all sugars, nearly all bread items (this has been hard, I mean bring tears to my eyes hard), just have added more fruits and vegetables to my diet,

I read about taking the body to an alkaline state from an acidic state,
have to research this more but for the time being I have added lime juice to my diet.
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Next

Return to Miscellany