The current skewed laws make divorce a luxury

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: The current skewed laws make divorce a luxury

Unread postby Campfire » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:23 am

astrolink wrote:In the handful of states where shared physical custody is fairly easy to get, men and women initiate divorce somewhat evenly.

For some women, it's about having the kids. For most, simply follow the money. In a study a few years ago, 90% of men said they will be willing to be the primary parent and forgo child support. Only 10% of women agreed to the same.

Could you cite that source?
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374

The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
1K+ Posts

Unread postby DadWantsMore » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 am

I think it's a skewed statistic of it is based on who filed the divorce.

I left both my ex's. 1 waited 2+ years for me to file it. The 2nd knew that and said yeah I'm not waiting for you to make it official and filed against me within a month. Since ohio is a no fault state I'm betting they go based on who filed with the court. Not who caused it or who's fault etc. Stats are a bunch of bull.

All stats. Not just this.
DadWantsMore
10+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:22 am

In a general sense, the person that files first is one taking action to get what they want. It wouldn't be surprising if it turns out that's the person that is more successful in obtaining their goals.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby DadWantsMore » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:49 am

That would not be surprising, no.
DadWantsMore
10+ Posts

Unread postby Chasbo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:41 am

The real issue is the way we bring up kids and the way we expect marriages to work.

Dads should be looking after their kids half the time. Wives should be bringing in equal salaries. That should be the ideal and the norm. Right now, the old paradigm of the man being the breadwinner and the woman being the nurturer is ubiquitous. Our 50% divorce rate shows that no longer works. Men don't want to get married anymore. Women have become leeches. Kids are being abandoned by their dads and men think nothing of seeing their kids 4 days a month. That is supposed to be normal.

I am now surrounded by non working mums in my village. But their kids are freaking 16 and 17. What do they do all day long except ossify, gossip, cheat on their husbands, and progressively become more useless. And I am surrounded by husbands in sexless and friendless marriages working themselves to the bone, alienated from their oddball kids. And still, nobody wants to rock the boat.

The legal swamp is just an outgrowth of this maladaptation. The cure is a change in society not law.
Chasbo
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:51 am

My observation about whats common between two of the identified groups.

What do they do all day long except ossify, gossip, cheat on their husbands, and progressively become more useless.

They < female dog > and complain about the system and whats wrong with everyone else.

And I am surrounded by husbands in sexless and friendless marriages working themselves to the bone, alienated from their oddball kids.

They also < female dog > and complain about whats wrong with the system and everyone else.

The cure is a change in society not law.

Yep, be the change you want.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby lionel2013 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:47 am

Chasbo wrote:The real issue is the way we bring up kids and the way we expect marriages to work.

Dads should be looking after their kids half the time. Wives should be bringing in equal salaries. That should be the ideal and the norm. Right now, the old paradigm of the man being the breadwinner and the woman being the nurturer is ubiquitous. Our 50% divorce rate shows that no longer works. Men don't want to get married anymore. Women have become leeches. Kids are being abandoned by their dads and men think nothing of seeing their kids 4 days a month. That is supposed to be normal.

I am now surrounded by non working mums in my village. But their kids are freaking 16 and 17. What do they do all day long except ossify, gossip, cheat on their husbands, and progressively become more useless. And I am surrounded by husbands in sexless and friendless marriages working themselves to the bone, alienated from their oddball kids. And still, nobody wants to rock the boat.

The legal swamp is just an outgrowth of this maladaptation. The cure is a change in society not law.

couldn't agree more with everything you wrote, except that sometimes, I think, a change in the law is needed to spark changes in society. So, the other way around ...
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chasbo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:My observation about whats common between two of the identified groups.

What do they do all day long except ossify, gossip, cheat on their husbands, and progressively become more useless.

They < female dog > and complain about the system and whats wrong with everyone else.

And I am surrounded by husbands in sexless and friendless marriages working themselves to the bone, alienated from their oddball kids.

They also < female dog > and complain about whats wrong with the system and everyone else.

The cure is a change in society not law.

Yep, be the change you want.

Haha- I'm trying.

The fact that my ex worked and I looked after my kids since birth definitely made my situation easier
Chasbo
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Miscellany