This is just the place :)

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

This is just the place :)

Unread postby Wasntthere » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:41 pm

I have been keeping radio silenced, working mostly on me, and making my superdad-ness an unimpeachable reality.
In the meantime, and mostly because I'm am much better guy than a few years ago, I'm faking it in marriage pretty well.
That said, I'm trying to catch up a little on these forums, and it got me thinking that this is a great place to weigh-out what to do for Valentine's Day. Financial austerity looms ;)
Maybe this can be my last in the current regime.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
A father's love is like the NOAA weather radio - always the same message, always broadcasting, and available everywhere your kids might go. See to it brothers.
Wasntthere
100+ Posts

Re: This is just the place :)

Unread postby afc » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:55 pm

IF youre planning to divorce, then why bother? Or stop by the dollar tree and get a generic card.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby gamingdad » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Crabs, give her crabs. Chicks love crabs. Or is it lobster? Stay close and informed.
READ YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
gamingdad
500+ Posts

Unread postby Wasntthere » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:17 am

Yeah, I'm feeling the stress of faking like everything's going along fine. I find it raises questions about what effort is worth it. On the paradoxical side of things, maybe if I fake it well enough, we'll get along fine, and be happily married.

And in today's news, Married life is healthier and less stress.

http://www.marocjournal.net/news-info/m ... 1004-2017/

I wonder what the test pool was? Test me!
A father's love is like the NOAA weather radio - always the same message, always broadcasting, and available everywhere your kids might go. See to it brothers.
Wasntthere
100+ Posts

Unread postby Mock Turtle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 pm

To become more comfortable at faking one should learn from the best. And you know who she is.
γού καvνοτ βε ας ςτοοpid ας Ι αm ηνλεςς γού Ηαvε βεεη ας ςmαρτ ας Ι ψας.
Mock Turtle
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Wasntthere » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:35 am

As for faking it, I've been doing some soul searching and I see how much better life is as I fixed up me, myself, and I. I maybe can eek out enough happiness for myself in life alone - married or not.
Wasntthere
100+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:21 am

I hate to throw nails around and steal me brother JC's quotes (well other than the pickup needing a topper to keep his guests inside), but here goes.

"Let not your heart be troubled" And noticed this wasn't a request but a command.

You have the studying, training, and the boys and auxiliary with you (not to mention the brother with the new topper on His camel).

You are going to go through different emotions as you progress and file and duck and weave; just don't let those emotions control you whatever and you will pass the finish line soon enough. Use the PM's if ya need off line encouragement and post here before making any rash moves and or moves based on said emotions.

Easier said than done right?

Laters HV7
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Wasntthere » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks! This is a good place for straight talk for sure, and a place to see the arc of other guys' stories. I've gained some experience and perspective just from these forums.
As for making decisions on emotions, I guess that's a worthwhile point, because I don't have emotions concerning my wife or divorce at the moment. It's a business. I sold my emotional-investment stock a while ago. Admittedly, I do feel neighborly compassion for my wife, like, I care if she's alright, don't want to cause trouble, like I would anyone else. But, I'm not afraid of her, or lawyers, or divorce, or stigma, peer pressure, or poverty, any more. I have learned enough, and gotten good enough, to ride above her personality disordered behavior. She no longer gets to stay rent-free in my head space.
My (in)decision has been anything but rash. One reason I still consider divorce is that this is not the life I want to check out with. But, I've stopped the pain and damage short term.
Wasntthere
100+ Posts

Return to Miscellany