Gentlemen...

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Gentlemen...

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:20 am

Then I'll respond to your question with: if my mom aborted me, I assume it wouldn't matter to me because I wouldn't be around to give a < edited >. And I'll just leave this here.

"There is a concept called body autonomy. Its generally considered a human right. Bodily autonomy means a person has control over who or what uses their body, for what, and for how long. Its why you can’t be forced to donate blood, tissue, or organs. Even if you are dead. Even if you’d save or improve 20 lives. It’s why someone can’t touch you, have sex with you, or use your body in any way without your continuous consent.

A fetus is using someone’s body parts. Therefore under bodily autonomy, it is there by permission, not by right. It needs a persons continuous consent. If they deny and withdraw their consent, the pregnant person has the right to remove them from that moment. A fetus is equal in this regard because if I need someone else’s body parts to live, they can also legally deny me their use.
By saying a fetus has a right to someone’s body parts until it’s born, despite the pregnant person’s wishes, you are doing two things.

1. Granting a fetus more rights to other people’s bodies than any born person.
2. Awarding a pregnant person less rights to their body than a corpse."
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:26 am

Havalu7 wrote:
Has Madona been arrested yet for her comments? Well seems the new elected president is being somewhat tolerant would the gents and auxiallry agree to that? If anyone else made those statements??

No, I wouldnt agree with that.

Comrade Trump has already expressed that people exercising their free speech rights whom he disagrees with should be jailed. Loose their citizenship even. (November 29th, 2016)

Madona, whoever that is, hasn't been arrested because Comrade Trump is tolerant. She hasn't been arrested because that ignoramus doesnt have the power.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby WCD7399 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 am

Madona wasn't arrested for the same reason Ted Nugget was never arrested. Because they posed no credible threat. Just a bunch of hot air.
WCD7399
100+ Posts

Unread postby hoosier_dad » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:28 am

WCD7399 wrote:they posed no credible threat. Just a bunch of hot air.

Unlike Trump's CIA speech:

"We don’t win anymore. The old expression, "to the victor belong the spoils" -- you remember. I always used to say, keep the oil. I wasn’t a fan of Iraq. I didn’t want to go into Iraq. But I will tell you, when we were in, we got out wrong. And I always said, in addition to that, keep the oil. Now, I said it for economic reasons. But if you think about it, Mike, if we kept the oil you probably wouldn’t have ISIS because that's where they made their money in the first place. So we should have kept the oil. But okay. (Laughter.) Maybe you'll have another chance. But the fact is, should have kept the oil."

Holy crap. I was opposed to invading Iraq, but as long as we're there we might as well rape the country financially since you know, we won. Oh well, maybe we'll get another chance.
hoosier_dad

Unread postby Coffee fiend » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:16 am

Chaos wrote:Then I'll respond to your question with: if my mom aborted me, I assume it wouldn't matter to me because I wouldn't be around to give a < edited >. And I'll just leave this here.

"There is a concept called body autonomy. Its generally considered a human right. Bodily autonomy means a person has control over who or what uses their body, for what, and for how long. Its why you can’t be forced to donate blood, tissue, or organs. Even if you are dead. Even if you’d save or improve 20 lives. It’s why someone can’t touch you, have sex with you, or use your body in any way without your continuous consent.

A fetus is using someone’s body parts. Therefore under bodily autonomy, it is there by permission, not by right. It needs a persons continuous consent. If they deny and withdraw their consent, the pregnant person has the right to remove them from that moment. A fetus is equal in this regard because if I need someone else’s body parts to live, they can also legally deny me their use.
By saying a fetus has a right to someone’s body parts until it’s born, despite the pregnant person’s wishes, you are doing two things.

1. Granting a fetus more rights to other people’s bodies than any born person.
2. Awarding a pregnant person less rights to their body than a corpse."

How long does it take for any kid to be entirely autonomous? If I walk away then I am a deadbeat dad and still am required to maintain the kid's existence.

I am glad the women got to march.
I am glad I am not a teenage boy.
Their champion Hillary was against same sex marriage until it suited her politically to change her mind. Maybe Trump decided its not ok to grab women since he made that statement. I dunno.
Coffee fiend
100+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:33 am

How long does it take for any kid to be entirely autonomous? If I walk away then I am a deadbeat dad and still am required to maintain the kid's existence.

Not with your body. Money is not even the same thing. If your child needs a bone marrow transplant or a blood transfusion or an organ donation, you aren't required by law to provide it. You will always have to give permission for the use of your body.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:57 am

Sounds like a buncha of white men in here claiming that because they don't see any problems there aren't any. Thankfully the US doesn't share this myopic viewpoint, and neither do I.

Bart - I'm surprised on your take on this to be honest.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:01 am

You have no idea what my take on this is since I have never stated it - you only have your own conformational bias.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:02 am

So put it out there, stop trying to be cute. I have a good idea of "where you stand"

Could not have said it better and succinctly myself

Trevor wrote:Reproductive rights, for example, have been in republican crosshairs for decades, and now they have the presidency and both houses of congress, with an opportunity to replace another radical conservative (borderline racist) supreme court justice. If you don't see this as a primary and direct threat to women's rights, I can't help you.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:05 am

I do not, and have never discussed politics on this forum. It is detrimental to our primary purpose.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellany