Gentlemen...

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Gentlemen...

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:47 pm

BartSimpson wrote:I hear there is another march next weekend. It will be interesting to see the media compare and contrast.

What will that march be advocating for?

Are any of the talking heads talking about that as the reason for this huge turnout, rather than some amorphous set of "rights" that differ depending on who you ask?

WGAF what a talking head has to say on any subject? They're paid ideologues. Their opinion is < feces >.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:56 pm

It's about "rights", again.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby a dad » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:00 pm

The right to assemble and the freedom of speech do not require predetermined statements of clarification.
a dad

Unread postby Started Over » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:01 pm

It's unsurprising that a group of people who make up roughly half the population of the United States wouldn't have a unified message as to what "rights" means to them.

Just as there are some men here who subscribe to the /r/theredpill.
People who live their lives watching only the rearview mirror tend to crash their cars. - Trevor
Started Over
500+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:37 pm

BartSimpson wrote:I wonder what "women's rights" means?
I wonder what is the perceived risk - what threatens these women marching?

+10.

What exactly are they protesting? That he is a shameless sleazy womanizer? That has been already determined, proven, debated. In the end it didn't matter one bit.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:38 pm

It actually matters more.
a dad

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Reproductive rights, for example, have been in republican crosshairs for decades, and now they have the presidency and both houses of congress, with an opportunity to replace another radical conservative (borderline racist) supreme court justice. If you don't see this as a primary and direct threat to women's rights, I can't help you.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm

Okay I am jumping in.

Hmmm women's rights that included the women terminated in abortion?

Oh never mind they are blobs and hmmm less protected than baby dolphins, the delta smelt and spotted owls.

Ok never mind they are not women they are unborn somethings?

I am so greatful that my prochoice mother gave me the precious gift of life
so that I could protest in the street on either side; because I am alive. Seems as if every one of these rapid pro abortion women were given the precious gift of life by their mothers. Those mean mothers.

I usually will enjoy debating pro choice folks because I can also hook them in with this question;
"Do you know WHY you are Pro Choice?" Most will take the hook and say "Why?" I then look them in the eyes and calmly say "Beacause YOU are alive and YOUR mother gave you the gift of life" Some take a moment and ponder this; others not so much. None argue that my statement is not true.

Sorry J I couldn't resist.

Oh yes there was no hate speech there either?

Has Madona been arrested yet for her comments? Well seems the new elected president is being somewhat tolerant would the gents and auxiallry agree to that? If anyone else made those statements??
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:09 am

Havalu, it appears that you're making the argument that people who get pregnant are morally obligated to have the child. Do you really want to have that conversation?

Because my next question would be, then what? And my next observation would be, that's a much easier stance to take when the burden to do the actual raising of the child isn't on you. Hypothetically speaking.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 am

Chaos you got me there!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellany