Happy New Year

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Happy New Year

Unread postby TXDaddy1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:22 pm

BartSimpson wrote:Anyone dare to post their resolutions?

I don't know if I would call them resolutions, but my goal is to get out of this marriage as cleanly as possible, and take better care of myself. I've spent way too long trying to save this marriage, and it has taken its toll on me.

I'm also going to try not to get involved with anyone else this year. It will be difficult. STBX's infidelity has made me question the entire not dating thing. If she can have fun, why can't I?
TXDaddy1
50+ Posts

Unread postby pulphead » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Um... because it would be a huge mistake to date now.

Just because she cheated, doesn't mean you can and should date. Take that idea out of your head right now. Bringing another female into a relationship with (or even knowing) your kids will <urine> her off in ways that will make this uglier and get in the way of your goal of getting through this divorce with as little collateral damage as possible. That goal is way more important. You think you'd be getting back at her by showing someone else wants you and sees your value. But you'd be wrong. She won't think "Hey, maybe I made a mistake". She'll think: "How dare you!"

Trust me. I'm right.
pulphead
50+ Posts

Unread postby TXDaddy1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Trust me. I'm right.

I know you are right, and the last thing I want to do is rock the boat any more than the storm we are in is already doing.

If I *did* date anyone, I would have to date them for quite a while before she met my kids. I will not introduce my kids to anyone unless it is a serious relationship.

All that being said, I need some poon.
TXDaddy1
50+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:11 pm

TXDaddy1 wrote:All that being said, I need some poon.

Is that how you want some guy talking about your daughter? Should she just be some poon to a guy in need?

Grow up.
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby TXDaddy1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Outis wrote:
TXDaddy1 wrote:All that being said, I need some poon.

Is that how you want some guy talking about your daughter? Should she just be some poon to a guy in need?

Grow up.

Agreed, Outis. That was inappropriate.

I'm just having a hard go at this. Been with this woman for 18 years, the last 5 or so being almost sexless. I apologize to anyone I may have offended.
TXDaddy1
50+ Posts

Previous

Return to Miscellany