Estimated cost of divorce

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Estimated cost of divorce

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:22 am

This might give you some information as well.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=74713
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
I ♥ Disco

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:05 am

Which part of your situation are you looking to collaborate - the future financial entanglement of the house after divorce, paying the wife alimony in the form of house payments, or walking into this eyes-wide-open knowing your wife will not cooperate and cannot fulfill her side of the financial entanglement?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby breaker_morant » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:46 pm

mechanicalguy1234 wrote:So, i do have my final decree... It probably cost me about $3000 (Lawyers fees) so far. I have been paying for the mortgage probably about 10 months now, which is about $10,000. This is so i can save my credit and buy a home once this is over. I now have it stated that i have to pay the mortgage still until the ex can buy it from me, or i can sell it. That is about 6 months more($6,000) So far , Think ill be into this about $19,000 when its all done. Im currently living with my parents during this crisis.
Is anyone else have a similar story? I am hoping that i am not the only one getting rheemed this bad. I certainly cannot believe that i am. Also, i felt and hear that I'm am lucky cause i got a divorce decree under a years time. I hear about others going into 2-5 years to get out. And that means a lot more in attorney, mediation, and court fees.

That's nothin'.
breaker_morant
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Miscellany