Xanax contributed to Divorce ???

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Xanax contributed to Divorce ???

Unread postby dave534 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:24 am

Anyone have experience with their wife taking/abusing Xanax?

I am starting to think my wife's use of Xanax has pushed her toward the decision to Divorce. Along with me, everyone has been blind-sided by her request to Divorce me. Are there any options to slow-down the Divorce process in order for my wife to taper off of Xanax?

Some of the Side Effects of Xanax are hitting spot-on with my situation. The Side Effects include:

Crumbling interpersonal relationships
Short-term memory impairment
Social isolation
Blurred or double vision
Lack of muscle coordination
Decreased libido
Tremors
Preoccupation with obtaining, using, and recovering from Xanax
Job loss
Financial ruin
Legal problems
Incarceration
Increased respiratory infections
Depression
Chest pain
Hyperactivity
Suicidal thoughts

Thoughts???
dave534
10+ Posts

Re: Xanax contributed to Divorce ???

Unread postby a dad » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:03 am

Not to diminish the aspects addiction may have had on your relationship, but when you say a side effect of xanax is legal problems, it shows that you're awfulizing.
a dad

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:18 am

It could also be that she is < edited > someone else. Ever consider that she really wants out of the marriage? What then?

ETA: Meaning, if someone tells you she no longer wants to be married to you, you should probably believe her.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Campfire » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:53 am

It's common for people to take Xanax when they feel they are in a tight spot. Unhappiness in a marriage could cause symptoms that a doctor would prescribe benzodiazepine for. Is your wife consuming alcohol while taking this drug?
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374

The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:47 am

A Bad Marriage:

Side effects:

Xanax use
Drug and Alcohol use
<urine> poor attitude towards you
Golden uterus syndrome
Gate Keeping
Paralell parenting
Mr. Wonderful effect
Kids are put in the middle
Kids
ect....

Is it your hope that if she curbs her Xanax use that you will have a shot at a better marriage?
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 am

Along with me, everyone has been blind-sided by her request to Divorce me. Are there any options to slow-down the Divorce process in order for my wife to taper off of Xanax?

Uuuuum, sorry, but no. You are grasping at straws here, trying to resuscitate a marriage that is on life support and will die anyway. Speaking from personal experience here, I and many others (most?) in our circle of friends and family felt blindsided when my X filed. I was blown away when I discovered how far gone she was before she filed, and the lengths she had gone to in order to jump from one branch to the next.

Your marriage is over. Don't try to slow the process down because it will only cost you precious time, emotions and money (again I speak from experience, I tried that for four months, to no avail). Get used to it, prepare yourself to get through divorce as quickly and with as little pain as possible, and start thinking about your future post divorce.

Xanax doesn't make anyone get divorced.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby ragnar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:52 am

My STBX has had anxiety issues since I've known her (15 years). I feel that it is a contributing factor to our divorce. I feel that over time, her meds were becoming less effective.

Xanex is for anxiety.

The divorce process can take longer than you may think due to motions, agreements, etc.
ragnar
100+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:23 am

And not listening to strategy here, instead letting your employee hold your sack o marbles next to her Gucci silk, dictating your case while the forum is on YOUR roof shouting for you to manage your employee, as you pay for her Rover lease, and she just keeps humming along cashing her checks or credit card deposits.

I am not sure why that was relevant to the Xanax post, hmmmmmm?

Oh yes delaying the the divorce. Don't do that.
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby breaker_morant » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 pm

My ex was using Xanax, and during her manic phase was doctor and ER shopping to keep trying to get more. When she was involuntarily hospitalized, I filed, and she never lived in the house again.

I don't think Xanax, by itself, contributed to the divorce. The other issues were there long before the Xanax. It was just one more thing on the pile.
breaker_morant
100+ Posts

Unread postby defaultuser » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:29 pm

I dated a girl that used a lot of xanax. She was a lot of fun in the sack when she mixed it with alcohol. She also had a pretty serious respiratory illness after we stopped seeing each other, which is interesting.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Next

Return to Miscellany