Walter Scott and delinquent CS

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Walter Scott and delinquent CS

Unread postby StruggelinginIN » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:23 am

Fof +1
Crime stats are based on number of arrests by LEO or crime reports by citizens.

Problem with that is: Higher number of arrests does not equal a safer society. Also doesn't adequately represent the crimes in which no one was arrested, or wasn't reported. Also crime stats originate from police department, the entity most affected by the results of the report.
StruggelinginIN
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:32 am

Right.

And just so that James doesnt miss it since its doubtful he will read my previously posted (cop friendly) link.

" In 2010, more than half of 309 retired NYPD officers admitted to fudging crime stats in a survey conducted by two academicians from Molloy and John Jay Colleges. Most of the respondents served as precinct commanders after CompStat was implemented. They reported heavy pressure from higher-ups to reduce felonies to misdemeanors or to not report crimes at all to make the numbers look prettier."

Yeah, the Republican mayor of New York , by his superior political opinions, changed the behavior of untold numbers of criminals all across the city. They obviously feared his Republicanism and went straight. /sarcasm

Sometimes, the naivety is impressive.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Roy G Biv » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:48 am

I got arrested for a felony.

The DA reduced the charge to a misdemeanor of vandalism because the only thing I might possibly have done was damage the window screen when I climbed out a window.

I hadn't damaged anything at all, but the screen had a rip from years past. The public defender had me pay my landlord $20 and he signed a note saying he didn't want to press any charges whatsoever and the case was dismissed.

I'm glad I was part of helping to reduce their conviction rate statistics. ... I hope 'case dismissed' counts as a failure by the DA...
Last edited by Roy G Biv on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedorangeyellowGreenBlueindigoviolet
Roy G Biv
50+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:56 am

I am waiting for james to credit republicans in SC for getting rid of the racist flag from the capital building because the governor who signed the bill happened to be from that party. This is who we're dealing with, guys.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby jamessick » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:48 pm

If they ran the correct Confederate flag up the pole, no one would care. Well, they'd care because they wouldn't know what it was.
I am a dad. It is not a simple title, nor a professional position. It is a aggressively defended FACT!
jamessick
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:12 pm

That is very probably true.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby a dad » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:41 pm

a dad

Unread postby a dad » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:48 am

Ex-cop sentenced to 20 years for killing of unarmed black man

U.S. District Judge David Norton ruled that Slager committed second-degree murder and obstruction of justice, when he shot and killed 50-year-old Scott in 2015. The second-degree murder ruling came with a recommended 19 to 24 year sentence.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cop-michael-sl ... d=51595376
a dad

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 am

The tearful I'm sorry rings hollow when proceeded by multiple trials proclaiming innocence, assassinating the character of his victim and doing untold amount of damage to race relations and trust in law enforcement.

He's sorry he got caught . F him.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am

The attitude of these criminals who wear uniforms is concerning,
"yeah I shot him in the back, so what", "he had a Yankees hat on"

On a separate topic:
To understand why Mr Scott ran from this murder one can visit their family court and see the viciousness FOC attorneys treat the clients who are behind CS.
I get tired of hearing, "he is going to jail" remarks by foc attorneys who seem to enjoy it. Only if I had few extra $$$, I would retain a crack-a-lac attorney for these poor bastards.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellany