Walter Scott and delinquent CS

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Walter Scott and delinquent CS

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 am

I have heard allusions to CS delinquency and previous arrests of Walter Scott during reports of his murder by an idiot police officer. But none have researched he facts in this part of the case, it seems. While it is peripheral to the actual murder, if indeed Scott's rationale for fleeing the scene was fear of another arrest (as opposed to his squirrely conversation with the cop about ownership and papers related to the car he was driving), surely some analysis should take place about that part of the story. But I guess out of deference to the grief of the family, it will probably be buried.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Re: Walter Scott and delinquent CS

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:27 am

Running from a murderer doesnt seem unreasonable to me.

Victim blaming is shameful and what allows those with power to run wild.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby hoosier_dad » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:30 am

CNN is reporting he had an active bench warrant from January 2013 due to 18k in CS arrears.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/south-carolina-police-shooting/index.html
hoosier_dad

Unread postby BetterOff » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:40 am

self-pres·er·va·tion
noun
the protection of oneself from harm or death, especially regarded as a basic instinct in human beings and animals.

This alone is what keeps most of us alive if used correctly. But those that are used to staying in trouble are going to mis-interpret this concept. A lot more males would be alive today if they could have figured out the proper way of using the defined method above.

I guess they all have not watched this very informative educational video............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ
Do not move out of your house.
BetterOff
500+ Posts

Unread postby BetterOff » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 am

"Defense attorneys will say this was a heat of passion shooting -- (that) this was something that he did suddenly after some kind of an altercation, a physical altercation with a suspect," Callan said. "And that would constitute manslaughter under law, as opposed to murder, and it makes a huge difference in sentencing."

In South Carolina, a murder conviction requires "malice aforethought," Callan said. Some other states say a murder requires premeditation.

This makes some sense.
BetterOff
500+ Posts

Unread postby Mock Turtle » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:46 am

If only he had run faster . . .
γού καvνοτ βε ας ςτοοpid ας Ι αm ηνλεςς γού Ηαvε βεεη ας ςmαρτ ας Ι ψας.
Mock Turtle
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:48 am

Interesting in that Chris as been documenting recently all the times hes been pulled over and the fear he feels by being profiled.

This cop murdering video is on par with the Rodney King video in that it validates the narrative thats been told by so many but ignored by the mainstream.

Notice how efficiently the cop staged the evidence to validate his lies? Notice how the other cop on the scene backed up his lies to cover up his murder? Notice how the entire event would have been just another justified shooting.... Until the video appeared.

With law enforcement such as this, fear, distrust and even hostility towards law enforcement can reasonably be expected.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby pulphead » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:50 am

I get it: running from the police, mouthing back to them, not doing what they ask, is stupid, but we don't live in a police state and stupid is not a shooting offense; but we give cops the power to kill and with that comes the responsibility to use that power only when necessary and that guy was absolutely no threat to the cop or to anyone else. It's flat out murder - not first degree, but still murder. The cop looked calm and I think he shot the guy because he could. Thank god somebody recorded it.
pulphead
50+ Posts

Unread postby BetterOff » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:00 am

Fatheroffour wrote:Interesting in that Chris as been documenting recently all the times hes been pulled over and the fear he feels by being profiled.

Good point.

I can't know who the bad cops are until they are bad. All I can do is teach my son to respect each one if/when he is stopped. I posted Rocks video because I do believe if you cooperate 100% that you will survive 99.99% of police contacts. You "personally" cannot expose bad cops if you're dead.

And, yes the officer was wrong and should be severely punished!
BetterOff
500+ Posts

Unread postby Mock Turtle » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:08 am

Good point FoF. The cop hesitated in nothing. He performed each action as if it was routine. Very creepy. The other cop in the video seems to act as an accessory. Something needs to change now. I fear one day an event such as this will incite the race war advocated by domestic terrorist groups.
γού καvνοτ βε ας ςτοοpid ας Ι αm ηνλεςς γού Ηαvε βεεη ας ςmαρτ ας Ι ψας.
Mock Turtle
1K+ Posts

Next

Return to Miscellany