Happy 4th , Guys.

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Happy 4th , Guys.

Postby Thoughts? » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 am

Had about 40 people over. Couldn't afford squat so made some ice tea & bought a token case of cheap beer, lots of cheap hot dogs and buns, and a propane tank refill. Told everybody to bring a side & dessert, and a six pack or two.

Had a flipping blast. Total food buffet was created. We had 2 kinds of beans, 2 kinds of tater salad, cole slaw, enough brownies & cobbler to feed an army, several pasta salads, and someone contributed a brisket they had smoked for 14 hours. Life was good.

It's not the legal contracts (marriage licenses) that count. It's true friends & family that do.

Flew the flag proudly. And I've budgeted to put up a flag pole next month!
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Postby jamessick » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 am

I have to fix the flag sconce on the side of the house. It just pulled out of the outer wall completely.
I am a dad. It is not a simple title, nor a professional position. It is a aggressively defended FACT!
jamessick
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks, Cap.

That's your little man is gone is a relatively new experience for you. It'll take some getting used to but look at the time you have to yourself as an investment on the time's that hes with you. Those pictures were taken on a river that my buddy and I explored a few weeks back when the kids were at their moms. I wouldn't have put them on an unused stretch of river not knowing whether after the first bend we'd be portaging over a 1/4 mile of rocks or not or hitting some class II shoals that would have been too much for their inexperienced little butts.

I love taking my kids places but there are also times when what I'm doing would be a bit much for them or it's just straight adult time. Those are the things I schedule when the kids are away. I'm hoping to make a skydive jump next spring. That will be when they're at their moms. I'm also planning a canoe trip through the Okefenokee swamp next fall and while I'd like to take them, at the moment I'm planning on just adults with my outdoor buddies. They tolerate me bring my kids on most many things but sometimes its just nice to be a grown up around grown ups.

Go find a fishing hot spot for you and your little guy this weekend or if you're at least a casual fan of MMA, catch the biggest fight of the year tomorrow night with a friend. I want Sonnen to win this one SO BAD!
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby jerico08 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Also wondering when/if the next rematch will take place between Pacquiao vs Marquez, they really need to settle this once and for all!

I'm looking forward to the ESPY Awards on ESPN Wednesday night! Great stuff, check it out to take your mind off your boy.
Heres' my fantasy votes for 2012:

Best male Athlete- Lebron James
Best female- Maria Sharapova
Best championship performance- LeBron James
Best breakthru athlete- Jeremy Lin
Best NFL record breaker- Drew Brees
Best 2012 game- 49rs vs Saints NFL playoffs
Best sports moment- Tebow to Demitrulius TD sudden death
Best coach- Tom Coughlin
Best comback athlete- Matt Stafford
Best college athlete- Robert Griffin III
Best NFL player- Aaron Rodgers
Best MLB- Josh Hamilton
Best NHL- Jon Quick
Best NBA- LeBron James
Last edited by jerico08 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Zed we've got a bug."
jerico08
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Maybe next year I will be ready to thrive during the separation.

It's hard to do all at once. Take a day or two at other times during the year and let kiddo spend a night or two at grandma's while you peruse your own adult endeavors. It will benefit both you and little capslock.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby a dad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:22 pm

I got served.

Happy Independence Day!

(I'm right there with you caps)
a dad

Previous

Return to Miscellany