i know a guy... gf caused a wreck...

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

i know a guy... gf caused a wreck...

Postby RC411V » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 pm

They have a kid together, 2 years old I think, not married. She supposedly hurts herself and over the weekend my buddy says they were on the highway, 70 mph, talking about things that have been bugging her and she grabbed the wheel, caused a wreck, three cars, probably totaled his. He got advice that he should file for a restraining order and temporary custody of their kid. Should he do it? He sorta feels nervous about doing it... But from the experiences on here is say maybe he should. What do you think?
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Re: i know a guy... gf caused a wreck...

Postby Tony g2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:12 am

Absolutely he needs to get restraining order his NJ might really hurt everyone around her. Unfortunately we can't help people who don't want help.
Tony g2
New

Postby Fatheroffour » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:46 am

He should have an argument with her then give her a bottle of vodka and fistful of oxy before she drives their kid off a pier.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby Fatheroffour » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:51 am

He'll need to know his states laws on paternity first before he files any motions because a paternity action will most likely need to be the first situation addressed by the court. Mom has full custody and he has no rights to the child at the moment since they're not married.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Fatheroffour

Postby RC411V » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 am

Guy told the cops he felt an impact and lost control of his car, figured it would be his fault as the driver either way and impulse was to protect the bit3h. Effin idiot captain save-a-ho.
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 am

The saveaho instinct is strong. After having time to think about it I'm sure next time he'll react differently.

Causing a wreck at highway speed because of a tantrum is just crazy.

Fatheroffour

Postby RC411V » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Personal decision I guess and I guess I don't need to ask; I've read the threads. I shouldn't even ask...

but do any of you guys think it is worth it to try to work things out with a person who wants to try to repair themself? Like, should a person even give it a moment of thought about whether or not a suicidal, crazy psycho might be able to get help and be worth having around?
Last edited by RC411V on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limits or opportunities?

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Repair estimate $12k, they aren't going to total it... crazy guy loves his car
Last edited by RC411V on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limits or opportunities?

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby jumbledone » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Difficult decisions lay ahead.

I know I wouldn't stay, at least for now. People sometimes need to hit rock bottom before they can bounce back. Losing everything important may cause that person to hit that bottom. Or it may cause them to eat a load of lead. His decision should be based on what is best for the kiddo and then what is best for himself, and not worry about her if at all possible until she rights herself.
Last edited by jumbledone on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.

It's like he never existed - FoF
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:00 pm

My suggestion is that if someone is willing to make changes in themself and takes the action to do it then they are worthy of a second chance.

Emphasis on "action".

Fatheroffour

Return to Miscellany