Dads duties worth less?

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Dads duties worth less?

Postby SoccerDadinCo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 am

SoccerDadinCo
10+ Posts

Re: Dads duties worth less?

Postby Trevor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:47 am

These studies are rubbish. If it were true, for example, that moms would earn between $60,000 to $70,000 annually for "doing things such as cooking, cleaning and nursing wounds" then why do nannies earn half that (or less)? There may be a point for maid services, who probably can pull in much closer to that number, but their work is not comparable as they work at multiple homes/offices and are thus cleaning every day. Moms have but one house to manage, 2.5 offspring to manage.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby RC411V » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:57 am

Most of the comments on there say the same thing; the study is lame. Stupid how it says at the beginning that since it is Father's Day, time to evaluate how valuable dads really are. There are a couple comments on there from women who say their husbands are priceless. I always hated how ex complained about everything I did, from which restaurant I chose to get dinner at (and she would never suggest anything) to how much time I spent outside working on the car and yard (she would never help). Would be nice to have a partner (if you have to have one) who actually appreciates the stuff you do.
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby SoccerDadinCo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 am

I agree that this is a pretty weak study.
SoccerDadinCo
10+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm

It's a shame how rank and file guys like us can see and expose huge holes in the "study" yet it sailed right past the writers' bosses and editors. And we wonder the consequences of gutting our educational system. This is what happens when you take your eye off the development of the brains of students.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Return to Miscellany