Is marriage doomed, Part 2

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: Is marriage doomed, Part 2

Postby dadmisseskids » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Some interesting points from the article:
They talked of how little they trusted each other to be reliable mates, and of how the government safety net encourages poor parents to stay single.
Holy sh*t, someone else sees it. I was just talking about this in FOF's thread regarding CP CS spending. I couldn't agree more with this comment.
“A baby makes a woman grow up, but not a man,” she said. “I can’t imagine ever depending on a man. I don’t trust them.”
Gee, I feel the same way about my ex-wife. Depend on my ex-wife? Um, no. Not even a chance. She doesn't even pay CS! I wonder if this woman ever met another woman that will work harder to not work than she will at a job. I think I need to introduce these two NJ's.
Many women described a lifestyle of dating in which relationships sometimes resulted in children, but less often in fathers deeply involved in their families.
Stereotyping doesn't do much for anyone. Not all men are like that, just like not all women are mother's of the year.
Her husband, a prison guard, is involved in the lives of his own previous children, a quality that drew her to him.
Anyone ever hear this from a woman that you've dated? I have, probably three to four times. I think the stereotyping is so bad that when women see a father who is very involved with their kids, it turns them on! That's an easy score!:D
“We can all stick our chests out and say, ‘We don’t need no man to raise our babies,’ ” Ms. Noble-Garner said. “I would honestly tell them, ‘Honey, yes you do. You might not need him financially, but your baby needs a father.’ ”
Good quote. This woman deserves props. I can remember when me and NJ initially started going through divorce, she said I will pay a ton of money for CS but I don't need to see the kids very often. This woman here, Ms. Noble-Garner, knows that having a good dad involved in a kids life is priceless.
"Success depends on your backbone, not your wishbone"

Mommy has Borderline Personality Disorder? She's very difficult to deal with? Buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056JX46W
dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:22 pm

It's not a surprise that people are not getting or staying married when there are fewer benefits and pressures to get or stay married.
Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby BartSimpson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:15 pm

I don't think the next generation of entitlement Princess' have given up the idea of My Big White Wedding just yet, it is still on the bucket list. And too many men feel hopelessly obligated to do as she demands so as to worship at the Holy Golden Purse. While it is refreshing to see another main stream article addressing the issue, the individual man still thinks he's immune, his new little cupcake is different.

The Dads who leave this forum the fastest are the ones that are told a girlfriend/relationship is too soon. The message "too much - too quick" results in *poof*, these men will hear none of it. So they join the back of the line for a cup of Jim Jones Kool-Aid, thinking the last divorce was a fluke, their NJ is unique, and this new girl Bubbles is not like all those other modern women. Bubbles says one thing, is thinking another, and ends up doing a third thing altogether.

Yes or No? Many men you know are just one blowjob away from forgetting everything they learned in their last relationship with an entitled modern woman, and risking it all again in a marriage to another obviously entitled modern woman.

The marriage horse is long dead. This article just points to the useless beating our culture continues to give it. My 30 year old daughter, whose past is littered with the wreckage of some good men, still thinks she is to be married in a big wedding, and her life is full of drama from the men falling all over themselves trying.

What's a Dad to do when you know it's not going to last? Show him this article?
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby dadmisseskids » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:20 pm

BartSimpson wrote:My 30 year old daughter, whose past is littered with the wreckage of some good men, still thinks she is to be married in a big wedding, and her life is full of drama from the men falling all over themselves trying.
You seem like a guy who is pro-male and doesn't take any sh*t from women. How did your daughter acquire this type of mindset?

Mommy has Borderline Personality Disorder? She's very difficult to deal with? Buy this:

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Um, her mother?
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 pm

All the guys tripping over themselves to be next in line?
Fatheroffour

Postby BartSimpson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 pm

How? Maybe you'll get lucky in your next life and come back as a pretty little princess who gets everything she wants. A sense for fashion helps, men seem to just buy her stuff and pay for things a lot. Just like her mom.

That, and a Dad who had EOW challenged with a professional on-call schedule.

The cure has been taking her traveling, to remote locations with spartan conditions, that she sees mutual dependance is valuable and literally carrying her own baggage. She recently became involved in a charity because of the difficulties she saw first hand. It won't be hard for her to get men to donate, but at least her princess-ness is doing some good..
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby dadmisseskids » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:54 pm

BartSimpson wrote:Maybe you'll get lucky in your next life and come back as a pretty little princess who gets everything she wants.
I can only wish for such a great life. :wink:

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Fatheroffour

Return to Miscellany