The Christmas present discussion thread

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: The Christmas present discussion thread

Postby happier_now » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:06 pm

this is pretty sweet, new nano with watch band, sweet for tweens, teens etc

happier_now
100+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:48 pm

8 yo boy. Spy watch.

Records audio, video takes pictures and even has a built in lie detector. What 8yo boy wouldn't want one?
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby mndjrm » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 pm

I think technology gifts are always great but I find myself buying and upgrading more and more over the years. How about a soccer ball or a baseball glove? Nope - technology.

technology
mndjrm
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Understand.

But, at least in my case, the kids got a soccer ball, baseball glove, skateboard, bike, football and a basketball. One soccer ball at the age of 6 and it's the only one he'll need in his lifetime unless he becomes a soccer prodigy. Not so much with tech items.

Today was B'day for the 8yo. I broke out the spy watch and he went gaga over it. It's a pretty cool piece of tech for a boy and easy to use. He's putting a little to much faith in the built in lie detector but it's a funny thing to watch.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby gotkids » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Went xylaphone for D12 (yep, I've got a band geek) and S7 as you said is a piece of cake.

Reverse gifts thought (may need another thread).

Had D12 write poetry in a journal for past 6 months. Put them on top of photo's from adventures we've taken which 'matched the writing in powerpoint. Exported as jpg. Went down to Walgreen photo center and made photobook. Instantly most of her Christmas shopping is done.
Divorce is a declaration of independence.
It is easier to become a dad than to be one.
gotkids
100+ Posts

Postby CCR » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm a geek when it comes to technology. I have a 2nd generation Ipad, the new Nook Tablet and a 3G/wireless Samsung Galaxy Tab. I bought the first 2 new and the Tab used.

Which gives you the best bang for the buck?

The Samsung....hands down. A good used one is $200. The Nook Tablet is a great Netflix machine, but it costs money for everything you download, and unless you "android" it, there are great limitations to what is available.

The Ipad is useful, but it's pricey, whether new or used. I think they are too big...a smaller version is rumored to be coming out in 2012.
CCR
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Miscellany