Help. I need some advice

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Help. I need some advice

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 am

I have suspected that my new GF has been cheating on me. The usual signs: if the phone rings and I answer, the caller hangs up; she goes out with the girls a lot. I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but between work and the kids I'm too tired and I usually fall asleep. Anyway last night about midnight I hid in the shed behind the boat. When she came home she got out of someone's car buttoning her blouse, then she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment I crouched behind the boat that I noticed a hairline crack in the outboard engine mounting bracket. Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace the whole bracket?
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Re: Help. I need some advice

Postby Anything4Her » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:51 am

Fatheroffour wrote:It was at that moment I crouched behind the boat that I noticed a hairline crack in the outboard engine mounting bracket. Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace the whole bracket?

While it's possible to weld the engine mounting bracket, it is relatively thin metal and may fail under stress. The cost of the bracket is much less than the cost of the motor breaking away from the boat while you are dumping your new girlfriend's body in the lake. The wise choice would be to replace the defective part.
Quality time cannot be scheduled. It spontaneously arises while doing the mundane. - FatherofFour
Anything4Her
1K+ Posts

Postby jamessick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 am

Anything4Her wrote: The wise choice would be to replace the defective part.

Both parts, with more care taken for the boat engine. Replace the other broken part with one of your profile chickies.
I am a dad. It is not a simple title, nor a professional position. It is a aggressively defended FACT!
jamessick
1K+ Posts

Postby defaultuser » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 am

I agree. replace the part. It would probably cost just as much to get it welded.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 am

Good advice guys. I think I'll replace the bracket cause it would suck to lose the motor.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Fatheroffour

Postby jerry2010 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Welding bracket just like overlooking the sticky mess on the inside thighs of your girl. Eventually each are going to implode and come apart thus causing much more damage and drama either way. That is my humble opinion though. :lol:
Men who fear becoming fathers dont understand that fathering is not something perfect men do but something that perfects the man. Its like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak he planted.
jerry2010
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:22 pm

You think it might be wise to invest in my own welder so I could fix it on my own?

Lincoln electric has a finance plan and I'm thinking I could get a loan on one of their Classic® 300D classics and learn to weld myself. I could change out the Kubota 4cylinder Diesel for a 6.0 Powerstroker for only about 9K more and really be able to weld some thick stuff.

That would be so cool and I wouldn't have to buy a new bracket.

Fatheroffour

Postby jerico08 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 pm

You misinterpreted the whole thing.
The phone hang up was just a wrong number
Your girlfriend was out late working a second job in fast food restaurant to buy you a new boat motor for Christmas.
She was simply changing out of her work cuniform and grateful for the managrr to give her a safe ride home so late at night because you were too busy sleeping.
You should be ashamed of yourself thinking such horrible things. :)
Btw, catch any good fish with that boat?
LOL
"Zed we've got a bug."
jerico08
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Now that I think about it. It looked just like Jerico's car.

Fatheroffour

Postby hoosier_dad » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:16 pm

My vote is for a little JB-Weld + duct tape for good measure.
hoosier_dad

Next

Return to Miscellany