Modification to MSA possible ?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Modification to MSA possible ?

Unread postby nr552 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:55 pm

Trevor wrote:I spent a several weeks in SD late last year and the COL was not that bad, and probably not as high as Chicago. Just sayin'.

SD?
nr552
500+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Chicago is a high COL area, as are *some* parts of CA. Not knowing where is the guy living, we can't assume the COL where he resides is the same as SF or LA, and therefore higher than Chicago. I spent a several weeks in SD late last year and the COL was not that bad, and probably not as high as Chicago. Just sayin'.

Very true, but it doesn't change the uncomfortable reality that some jobs, particularly high-paying ones, are simply not "relocatable", not by any stretch. Otherwise, I would have moved from the western Chicago suburbs to Galena, IL, almost four years ago. After almost five years on this forum I fully, totally understand its tenets, but some things, sometimes, are simply not possible.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:04 am

nr552 wrote:
Trevor wrote:I spent a several weeks in SD late last year and the COL was not that bad, and probably not as high as Chicago. Just sayin'.

SD?

San Diego.

lionel2013 wrote:
Chicago is a high COL area, as are *some* parts of CA. Not knowing where is the guy living, we can't assume the COL where he resides is the same as SF or LA, and therefore higher than Chicago. I spent a several weeks in SD late last year and the COL was not that bad, and probably not as high as Chicago. Just sayin'.

Very true, but it doesn't change the uncomfortable reality that some jobs, particularly high-paying ones, are simply not "relocatable", not by any stretch. Otherwise, I would have moved from the western Chicago suburbs to Galena, IL, almost four years ago. After almost five years on this forum I fully, totally understand its tenets, but some things, sometimes, are simply not possible.

Priorities.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On