Anonymous letter to work?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Anonymous letter to work?

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Trevor wrote:You saved old Christmas cards in the hopes that in some future time, you'd need to compare handwriting on them? [Rhet.]
That's right. I do it all the time. LOL

Actually Bro, it was my NJ who saved those cards. She didn't take them with her when she moved out.

Tom
Like football, family court is a game of inches. A John Madden strategy
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby nr552 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 am

I'd file a police report-- as it's considered a potential "unsubstantiated terroristic threat" depending on the content of the letter. You'll get a case/report #... If you want to wick up your ex's attorney fees down the road, you can mention having the document forensically checked, to determine the make/model of printer used. People are sloppy when it comes to technology. What zip code was it stamped (origin). If you can tie together it was mailed from zip code xxxxxx and your ex or ex-inlaw lives in that postal code-- and the forensic analyses points to an old HP 500C inkjet printer (and either of the people who you suspect sent the document has one)... Think of where that can go. -- Sorry too much coffee again this morning.
nr552
500+ Posts

Unread postby ScaredNConfused » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:24 am

nr552 wrote:I'd file a police report-- as it's considered a potential "unsubstantiated terroristic threat" depending on the content of the letter. You'll get a case/report #... If you want to wick up your ex's attorney fees down the road, you can mention having the document forensically checked, to determine the make/model of printer used. People are sloppy when it comes to technology. What zip code was it stamped (origin). If you can tie together it was mailed from zip code xxxxxx and your ex or ex-inlaw lives in that postal code-- and the forensic analyses points to an old HP 500C inkjet printer (and either of the people who you suspect sent the document has one)... Think of where that can go. -- Sorry too much coffee again this morning.

The police don't want to deal with it.

As far as zip code from the envelope it was from the area I work in and a good 30 minutes from my ex. At this point, just ignoring it, my CISO and manager have both dismissed it as we all know who it came from. That is a good thing about keeping my manager and to a lesser extent the CISO informed of what is going on.

Not much I can do, except hope my ex slips up at some point.
ScaredNConfused
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:26 pm

How's that year of peace going?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 am

ScaredNConfused wrote:
nr552 wrote:I'd file a police report-- as it's considered a potential "unsubstantiated terroristic threat" depending on the content of the letter. You'll get a case/report #... If you want to wick up your ex's attorney fees down the road, you can mention having the document forensically checked, to determine the make/model of printer used. People are sloppy when it comes to technology. What zip code was it stamped (origin). If you can tie together it was mailed from zip code xxxxxx and your ex or ex-inlaw lives in that postal code-- and the forensic analyses points to an old HP 500C inkjet printer (and either of the people who you suspect sent the document has one)... Think of where that can go. -- Sorry too much coffee again this morning.

The police don't want to deal with it.

As far as zip code from the envelope it was from the area I work in and a good 30 minutes from my ex. At this point, just ignoring it, my CISO and manager have both dismissed it as we all know who it came from. That is a good thing about keeping my manager and to a lesser extent the CISO informed of what is going on.

Not much I can do, except hope my ex slips up at some point.

You do nothing about it,
But you give the illusion to your ex that you are going monkey crazy all out about it. Feed lies to "trusted" friends about fictitious next steps of filing a federal hate crime lawsuit, dna tests, hey, just keep it gullible.

At the end of the day, throw her off and have her lose some sleep ;-)
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On